Searching for AIAF training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers AIAF training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance designation.
The Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance (AIAF) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who have responsibilities in regard to insurance accounting/regulation.
The AIAF designation signifies that an individual working in this field has attained comprehensive knowledge of practices, principles, and procedures used to prepare insurer financial statements to comply with the requirements of the NAIC and other regulatory bodies. This knowledge benefits not only those who prepare these statements, but also those who use information contained in these statements for management or assessment of insurer performance.
Candidates must pass an examination for each of the following four required courses to earn the designation:
- AIAF 111: Statutory Accounting for Property-Casualty Insurers
- AIAF 112: Insurance Information Systems
- CPCU 520: Insurance Operations, Regulation, and Statutory Accounting
- CPCU 540 Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals (Passing CPCU 8 or any prior version of CPCU 540 will satisfy this requirement)
This program presumes certain knowledge. If you have limited or non-current exposure to GAAP, you should consider first taking CPCU 540 - Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals before taking the AIAF courses. If you have limited experience in insurance principles, you should consider completing the Program in General Insurance before enrolling in the AIAF program and taking CPCU 520 as your first AIAF course.
- AIAF 111/112 - Each exam is a two-hour, 85 multiple-choice question, computer-administered exam
- CPCU 520/540 - Each exam is a three-hour, 30-35 essay question, computer-administered exam
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
Those pursuing the AIAF designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain this designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the AIAF designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "AIAF - Associate in Insurance Accounting and Finance".