Searching for RFC training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers RFC training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Registered Financial Consultant designation.
The Registered Financial Consultant (RFC) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons in the field of financial planning. The designation is awarded by the International Association of Registered Financial Consultants (IARFC) to those financial advisors who can meet the high standards of education, experience and integrity that are required of all its members.
The IARFC is a non-profit professional credentialing organization of proven financial professionals formed to foster public confidence in the financial planning profession, to help financial advisors exchange planning techniques, and to give deserved recognition to those practitioners who are truly committed to ethical standards and continuous professional education.
A Registered Financial Consultant has met the qualifications required to serve the public effectively, and moreover, is committed to essential professional continuing education.
Candidates are required to complete a self-study process to attain the RFC designation. The preparation curriculum consists of ten volumes mirroring that of the CFP preparation, and covers the following six topics:
- Financial Planning Process
- Insurance Planning
- Retirement Planning
- Investment Planning
- Income Tax Planning
- Estate Planning
- At the completion of the self-study process, candidates are required to take an untimed, 150-question multiple choice exam (takes approximately 3-5 hours)
- The exam may be taken at any time, anywhere, as convenient for the candidate
- A financial calculator is required in order to answer some of the time-value of money questions
- The candidate nominates a Proctor who agrees to administer the exam and mail it in upon completion for grading
- The Proctor may be a business associate, but not a member of the candidate's immediate family
Candidates must meet the following education, experience and ethical requirements:
- Candidate either has attained a professional designation (i.e. CLU, ChFC, and CFP), or has earned a baccalaureate or graduate degree in financial planning with strong emphasis on subjects relating to economics, accounting, business, statistics, finance and similar studies; this granting institution must offer an IARFC-approved or CFP equivalent college curriculum and be an accredited college or university
- Met four years of experience, providing evidence of having met license requirements for securities plus life and health insurance, or submits RIA affiliation information
- Candidate must have a sound record of business integrity with no suspensions or revocation of any professional licenses
- Designees must subscribe to the IARFC Code of Ethics
- Designees must submit an annual renewal including $100 in dues
Continuing Education Requirements
Designees must agree to devote a minimum of 40 hours per year to continuing professional education in the field of personal finance and professional practice management.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers candidates the opportunity to earn the RFC designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "RFC - Registered Financial Consultant".
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales, IT