Searching for AIT training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers AIT training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Information Technology designation.
The Associate in Information Technology (AIT) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who desire to bridge the gap between insurance professionals and IT professionals. This three-course program covers the technical areas that insurance professionals should understand, and also prepares the IT professional with an in-depth understanding of insurance automation issues.
The AIT designation signifies that an individual working in this field has attained comprehensive knowledge of the following subject matter:
- Internet and the World Wide Web
- Communications, Networks, and Safeguards
- Personal Technology
- Databases and Information Systems
- Technology and Insurance Information
- Managing a System
- Effect on Marketing/Basic Policy Processing
- Needs Analysis
- Technology in Underwriting and Claims
- Internet Sales and Service in the Insurance Industry
- Agency/Company Interface
- Understanding Internetworking Infrastructure
- Assuring Reliable and Secure IT Services
- Managing Diverse IT Infrastructures
- Organizing and Leading the IT Function
- Managing IT Outsourcing
- Data Warehousing
Candidates must pass an examination for the following three courses to earn the designation.
Course Sequence: It is best to take AIT 131 first.
- AIT 131: Essentials of Information Technology
- AIT 132: Insurance Uses of Technology
- AIT 134: The Strategic Management of Information
- Each exam is a two-hour, 85 objective question, computer-administered exam
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
Those pursuing the AIT designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain the AIT designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the AIT designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "AIT - Associate in Information Technology".