If Public Speaking and Death are regarded as the top two experiences people dread most, Cold Calling must certainly fall in the top five. Regardless of which theory one subscribes to - cold calling is dead, or cold calling is a viable means of attracting new clients – there are those who excel at the art of cold calling and rely on it for their success.
Cold Calling is the process of contacting prospective customers by telephone who are not expecting such a solicitation. The key to the cold call is to gain the interest of the prospect quickly and engage them in a conversation about the product or service that you are selling. Here are a few tips to increase your cold call prospecting results:
Let VendorPedia help you with additional resources to refine your cold calling skills!
- Overcome your Reluctance – you’ll never succeed in cold calling if you never pick up the phone
- Research your Prospects – the more you know about those who you are calling, the easier to engage them in conversation
- Prepare an Opening Statement – you have about 15-20 seconds to capture the prospect’s attention; use them wisely
- Make Gatekeepers your Allies – assistants and secretaries will absolutely make or break you; try to get them on board with you
- Make your Words Count – don’t waste your precious time on phrases such as “How are you doing today?”
- Rinse and Repeat – 80% of new sales are made after the fifth contact; your persistence will be rewarded
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Conduct A Reasonable Accommodation Discussion
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Earn Your CFP
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements