Financial Risk Manager (FRM)
Earn A Financial Risk Manager Certification!
Searching for FRM training? Then you've come to the right place! ABTrainingCenter.com offers FRM training and FRM certification courses for those individuals who are interested in earning the prestigious Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) designation.
Financial risk management uses financial instruments to manage exposure to risk, particularly credit risk and market risk. As a specialization of risk management, financial risk management focuses on when and how to hedge using financial instruments to manage costly exposures to risk.
Benefits of FRM Certification
- Objectively benchmarks your knowledge of the major strategic disciplines of financial risk management:
- Market Risk
- Credit Risk
- Operational Risk
- Risk Management in Investment Management
- Allows you to join an elite group of Financial Risk Managers across the globe with the only risk management certification recognized worldwide
- Boosts your credibility and respect from employers, peers, and clients and maximizes your personal and professional opportunities within the world of finance
Candidates must pass an examination for the following courses to achieve FRM Certification:Approximately 200 hours of study is required for each part of the Exam.
- Each exam will be 4 hours in length, with a 120 minute break in between (if taking both exams on the same day).
- Part I exam contains 100 multiple-choice questions. Part II contains 80 multiple-choice questions. The exact number of questions is subject to minimal change.
- Each exam will require an admission ticket, available after registering for the exam through Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP).
- Exam enrollment fees will apply.
- Contact GARP at 201-719-7210 to register for an exam, or visit: http://www.garp.com/.
In order to be certified as a Financial Risk Manager (FRM®) and be able to use the FRM acronym after your name, the following is required:
Certificates will be mailed to those FRM candidates who possess the requisite two years of professional work experience. If you have not yet attained the required work experience, you will receive a letter stating that you have passed the examination. Once you gain the appropriate experience, you should inform GARP by uploading your current CV/resume. IMPORTANT: You have 5 years from the time that you pass the FRM Exam to submit your 2 years of work experience. If you do not submit your 2 years of professional work experience during those 5 years, you will be required to re-sit for the FRM Exam.
- A passing score on both FRM Examinations.
- Active membership in the Global Association of Risk Professionals.
- A minimum of two years experience in the area of financial risk management or another related field including, but not limited to, trading, portfolio management, academic or industry research, economics, auditing, risk consulting, and/or risk technology. If you are unsure if your work experience meets the qualification, click Here.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the FRM designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Designations/Certifications" in the search box thereafter for "FRM - Financial Risk Manager".
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
This information provided is based on state laws and regulations, and is subject to change. While TrainingCenter makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, it is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice, and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program
COBRA Training &Certification Program
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results
Earn Your CFP
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)