Series 3 Exam / Futures and Options Seminar
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
This two successive day seminar serves as a educational course for the National Commodities Futures Examination - Series 3, and provides a strong foundation in the fundamentals of market theory and industry practice.
This engaging seminar covers all topics the Series 3 exam, such as:
- Trading theory, basic functions and terminology
- Margins, offset, settlement, delivery
- Option premiums, exercise, assignment and settlement
- Orders, customer accounts, price analysis
- Strategies and calculations
- Regulations, compliance rules and disclosures
Self-Study Exam Materials - included!
Our materials are used by major financial firms, exchanges and regulators to educate staff and prepare candidates for the Series 3 exam. Upon registration for this course, you will be shipped the following comprehensive, self-study exam materials (a $240 value) for a blended learning experience with the live seminar:
- Futures and Options - a 237-page textbook with multiple-choice and true/false questions at the end of each chapter to test your understanding, plus explanatory answers into the concept and testable context to reinforce learning, and improve retention
- Guide to US Futures Regulation - a 92-page textbook with multiple-choice and true/false questions to test your understanding and to reinforce learning and retention
- Series 3 PassMaster - a Web-tutorial &test simulator with unlimited practice exams, that let you practice and refine test-taking skills. The "tutorial" is the study section that draws from a bank of over 600 questions that can be sorted by difficulty and exam topic, while "test" section provides an unlimited number of timed-test that closely resembles the actual Series 3 exam. This is especially useful and teaches you how to budget your time on the real test. PassMaster lets you to customize and streamline study time and focus on your weakest areas. (Access is valid for six months.)
- Course Workbook (received at class)
The course is designed to enhance your knowledge and understanding of futures and futures options concepts and is not intended to be an "exam cram course". Pre-seminar reading is required before attending the session. After the seminar, we suggest that you invest a minimum of 35 to 40 hours to prepare yourself for the Series 3 exam by using the two textbooks, PassMaster, and by reviewing your Course Workbook and notes.
Who Should Attend:
Series 3 Exam candidates, compliance staff, market-users, and those who need an in-depth understanding of futures and options markets, their institutions and their participants.
The IFM Difference
The Institute for Financial Markets, a nonprofit educational foundation and an affliate of the Futures Industry Association, is recognized for the quality and balance of its missions and products. Our books, study materials and courses are used worldwide by financial firms, exchanges, universities, regulators and policy makers.
Donations from global financial firms, exchanges and self-regulatory organizations help the IFM provide this course and keep the class size small and fee low.
No promos, no pitches - just real education from the Institute for Financial Markets.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||Certified Financial Planner|
All US States: 14
|About The Provider:
||The Institute for Financial Markets, founded in 1989, is an industry-supported, nonprofit educational foundation and an affiliate of the Futures Industry Association.
The IFM is particularly known for its educational materials in print and Web-based formats, as well as seminars and customized, in-house training. The Institute offers materials to prepare candidates for futures industry exams, as well as books that provide general knowledge on the futures and options markets to investors, regulators and public-policy makers.
Recognized as a leading provider of ethics training, the IFM has trained more than 900,0000 financial industry professionals and international regulators. In addition to our futures ethics and AML Web-programs, we provide customized professional conduct programs to the New York Stock Exchange, the Securities Industry Association, as well as firms.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Keywords For This Course:|
commodities, commodity, future, option, contract, hedging, spreads, greeks, volatility, exposure, indexes, indices, forex, financial futures, options, credit, risk, exchanges, series 3, traders, Back-Office, compliance, fund managers, money managers, regulation, NFA, CFTC, markets
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|There currently are no scheduled dates for this seminar. Please click here to search for another course.||
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program
COBRA Training &Certification Program
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results
Earn Your CFP
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)