Format: Online Training Course
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||The 401k Service Training Program™ teaches retirement plan professionals six steps critical to managing a successful and compliant employer-sponsored plan and culminates in the Professional Plan Consultant™ (PPC™) designation.
The 401k Service Training Program is the only course that sets service standards in the retirement plan industry and imparts professionals not only with the knowledge, but the tools needed to meet (and exceed) those standards.
Graduates of the 401k Service Training™ Program who receive the PPC™ (Professional Plan Consultant™) designation are provided with access (optional subscription) to a set of tools called The 401k Service Solution™ (applicable to all types of ERISA plans - not just 401k's). The 401k Service Solution™ is a six-step process covering all of the key plan management areas taught in class, and providing you with education material, worksheets, templates, and marketing support (200 pieces of literature in all) to help make meeting and exceeding the new standards simple.
The Online 401k Service Training Program
The online program is based on and uses the same core content training slides that the classroom program uses. Students that sign up for this option will be given access to a secure website to view the slides which are separated into several modules and moderated by the instructors at FSS. The online course includes:
- PPC-Online Training Program
- Access to print-on-demand PDF's of training slides and resources discussed in training program
- Registration Packet that contains:
- A complete set of Education Guides from the 401k Service Solution
- The 401k Service Solution Handbook for Plan Fiduciaries
- Prudent Practices for Investment Fiduciaries by Fi360
- The 401k Averages Handbook published by HRsource.com
- Sample 401k Service Solution client-facing and marketing material
- Other valuable pieces that will help you as you take the training and look to apply the information in your practice
- Access (by subscription) to the 401k Service Solution Tools
- Designee website with access to valuable business building and marketing resources
- Complimentary 30-day trial to Fiduciary Analytics
- Complimentary 30-day trial to PlanTools and Discount on their subscription pricing
- Continuing Education Awarded: This program has been accepted for 7 CE hours by the CFP Board and this program satisfies requirements for PACE Recertification credits.
Successful program graduates will be able to:
- Identify and articulate the six service issues that face plan sponsors and fiduciaries
- Understand how to identify shortfalls in a plan's management and service model
- Understand the regulatory bodies that govern the management of employer-sponsored plans
- Apply the knowledge learned in this program to implement a prudent process in their service model
- Identify and access industry resources that help fiduciaries meet ERISA plan management responsibilities
The 401k Service Training Program follows a curriculum based on ERISA guidance and industry best-practices and includes the following learning modules:
- Defining success from the perspective of the Department of Labor, the Plan Sponsor, and the Participant
- Old Standards vs. New Standards as it relates to the management of a qualified plan
- Identifying and understanding fiduciaries roles and responsibilities
- Plan investment selection and monitoring criteria
- Plan provider selection and monitoring criteria
- Understanding and documenting plan expenses and conducting benchmarking reports
- Investment committee formation, responsibilities, and documentation practices
- Implementing a solid plan management process for ongoing compliance
- Participant communication guidelines including ERISA section 404(c)
- Participant education options and resources - building an effective program
- Current legislation and the plan sponsor's role in staying compliant
- Accessing and Implementing a Fiduciary Risk Management Process
- Identifying industry resources that help fiduciaries understand and meet their responsibilities
You will receive an email within 1 business day with online access information. Once you log-in to the course, you will have 90 days for completion.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 7
All US States: 7
|About The Provider:
||Financial Service Standards, LLC (FSS) is a Pittsburgh-based company devoted to identifying and raising the service standards of financial professionals.
The company's founders, Donald J. Settina, CFP®, AIFA®, PPC™, and Sharon A. Pivirotto, PPC™, AIFA®, are experienced investment professionals, entrepreneurs, teachers, and visionaries.
||Contact Us For More Information