Format: Online Training Course
The following provides course information, as well as pricing, author, and educational credit information for the course you selected.
To order this course, click on one of the "Order" options at the bottom of the page.
||Families are looking to reduce the cost of college. Become a Certified College Planning Specialist and learn how to help!
There is a huge need for the results a CCPS can provide! Experienced planners... break out from the pack and take the next step in your professional growth by becoming a Certified College Planning Specialist!
It's not just about financial aid
A College Planning Specialist looks at cash flow, tax capacity, and "college smart" saving/investment strategies. There are strategies for families of all incomes! The CCPS designation is the nation's first and only professional certification program with an intense focus on college financial planning.
Distinguish yourself as an advisor
Gain credibility, instill confidence in your clients, and grow your business. If you meet the pre-qualification criteria (see below), you can enroll today in this unique and valuable certification program.
Join the growing ranks of financial planners who are achieving new levels of success by showing their clients how to reduce the financial impact of college while improving their overall financial health!
This course is the complete package for obtaining your CCPS certification. It includes all three CCPS study Modules and access to the three online CCPS tests and all the training and marketing materials from the National Institute of Certified College Planners (NICCP).
- Weekly college funding training webinars and Affiliate training
- Recorded webinars in the Audio Library
- "Intro to College Funding" for networking with CPAs
- The CCPS Study Modules and additional reference materials
- A free email address: yourname@CertifiedCollegePlanners.com
- A listing in the "Find A CCPS Advisor" section on the NICCP web site
- Discount admission to the NICCP Spring College Funding Conference in Las Vegas
- Access to Press release(s)
- College Funding Seminar PowerPoint presentations
- NICCP and CCPS seals and logos for your website and your business cards and letterhead
- Access to NICCP Affiliates to provide the services that you don't personally offer
- FREE Continuing Education hours
The CCPS is accomplished through self-study. Within 1 business day of placing your order, candidates will receive access to online study materials that cover the entire curriculum. Candidates must pass a comprehensive competency test for each of the following three modules:
I. Paying for College
II. Saving for College
- Financial aid overview
- Student resources, grants, scholarships
- College loans
- Alternative loans
- College admission issues
- Advanced financial aid topics (EFC worksheet, Federal vs. Institutional Formulas, etc.)
III. Advanced College Funding Strategies
- Section 529 qualified tuition programs
- Coverdell education savings accounts
- Roth and traditional IRAs
- Savings bonds
- Life insurance
- Tax efficient mutual funds
- Real estate
- Associated financial planning considerations
- Academic strategies
- Hope and Lifetime Learning Credits
- Parent and child tax planning opportunities, implications, and tax capacity
- Coordinating investment contributions and withdrawals
- Cash flow & creative borrowing strategies
- Funding college and retirement at the same time
- Parent and grandparent estate planning considerations
- Middle and upper income family issues
The competency test for each of the three modules is a 30-minute, 40 question, web-based examination. Candidates must answer at least 70% (28 out of 40) of the questions correctly to pass, with test results provided immediately upon the completion of each exam.
Candidates may take the tests at the completion of each study module or all at once. The cost of the testing is included in the price of the CCPS Program registration.
Upon completion of the Certification program you will receive a wood framed and matted CCPS Certification suitable for hanging in the nicest of offices.
For more information about the CCPS designation, including pre-qualifying criteria and requirements, click here.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:
All US States: 16
All US States: 16
|About The Provider:
||The National Institute of Certified College Planners (NICCP) provides education, certification, support, and marketing assistance to financial planners and advisors wishing to add college planning to their portfolio of services and additional credibility to their resumes.
The NICCP confers the nation's only Certified College Planning Specialist (CCPS) designation upon financial advisors who successfully complete a comprehensive education program and demonstrate competency in college financial planning.
||Contact Us For More Information