A Crash Course for the First-Time Manager or Supervisor
||TOWSON UNIVERSITY MARRIOTT
||10 WEST BURKE AVENUE
TOWSON, MD 21204
|Starting Date / Time:
||2/27/2012 - 9:00am - 4:00pm
||View Other Cities And Dates
You Earned Your New Supervisor Position...This Training Will Help You Make The Most Of It!
In your previous position, you did a great job. Yet, you're smart enough to know the skills that made you a great team player won't necessarily make you a great supervisor. For any new supervisor, training is key to success in this role.
Make Your Move Into Your New Supervisor Position Smoother And More Successful!
- It's not enough to follow directions...now you must give directions about what gets done, when, and by whom.
- It's not enough that your projects are accurate and on time...you have to help others keep their projects on track, and see that everyone works together.
- It's not enough to focus only on your department... suddenly you're a member of the management team. Your new peers will expect you to have a broader perspective, including other departments.
- It's not enough to keep yourself motivated...you have to be a coach, cheerleader, and "strong shoulder" to people who have bad days, conflicts with each other, and other demands that you might not be able to satisfy.
Attend this one-day training seminar and gain all the skills and insights you need to lead with confidence and conviction, including:
Who Will Benefit Most From This Training?
- How to start producing results right away
- Ways to avoid the problems that sabotage many new supervisors
- How to get the unvarnished truth about a new employee's position and performance
- What it takes to get productivity from people who aren't used to you being "the boss"
- How to size up your supervisor — so you can give better support and get more backing in return
- How to increase your visibility and earn the respect your position deserves
- New supervisors and managers with less than one year of experience
- Aspiring and soon-to-be-promoted supervisors
- Experienced supervisors with little or no formal supervisor training
Learn To Take Charge Of Your New Supervisor Position
Find Out How To Achieve Results Fast
- The first (and most serious) temptation the new supervisor faces - and how to resist it
- Self-learning goals that will get you up to speed fast
- What your supervisor wants (and doesn't want) from you in six key areas
- Important questions to ask during the first week at your new job
- The paperwork mountain: a two-step process to make sure you never miss a "must read" document
- How to get off to a good start: seven specific guidelines that will help you earn respect right away
- Tips for supervising former peers and current friends
Discover Ways To Develop Your Employees
- Six ways to achieve personal excellence as a leader
- Bureaucracy basher, expediter and five more hats you'll wear as a new supervisor
- Four necessary steps that will minimize your staff members' resistance to change and motivate them to do more
- Leadership errors: how to recover when you make a mistake
- How to quickly assess...your people...so you can minimize their weaknesses and maximize their strengths; your team...so you can adopt the appropriate leadership style
Build An Image Of Confidence And Competence
- What you should delegate - and what you must not
- How to delegate work and ensure it's done right - without meddling
- The delegation traps every new supervisor must learn to avoid
- What motivates employees — according to them (many supervisors have it backward. Do you?)
- How to help your employees find more meaning in (and better connection to) their work
- Five proven motivators and rewards to help your employees succeed
- The basics of an effective performance evaluation
- The most common causes of unsatisfactory performance - and how to help your employees overcome them
- Five critical factors in administering discipline, so you can correct people without destroying their motivation to change
- Management communication: skills for projecting authority and getting cooperation from your new staff
- The five most important ways people communicate
- How to recognize the "red flags" of body language
- The power of a positive mind-set: where it comes from, how to get it, and how to keep it, no matter what's happening to you
- The one key quality you can develop that determines your influence with others
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
Bring This Training To Your Location!
Click Here For More Cities And Dates
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results
Certified Annuity Specialist (CAS)
Wrap Legal Documents for Section 125/HSA/HRA Kit
Critical Selling® Skills Sales Training Seminar