Learn Why Project Management Is A Critical Strategic Skill!
Join us for the Project Management Workshop – a series of four webinars that you can take all in one day or separately via live, CD, or OnDemand sessions where you'll learn key project management skills on everything from the basic foundation to the more advanced issues surrounding stakeholder analysis.
By attending, you will:
- Learn crucial project management fundamentals that can lead to project success
- Be able to better manage HR projects
- Analyze how to mitigate and plan for potential PM issues that may arise
- Take what you learn and immediately apply it
Why Learn Project Management?
In today's workplace, delivering on projects is a critical organizational capability. But why should HR and other non-project management professionals be concerned with project management?
First, the ability to manage projects successfully is a key skill that is critical in preparing professionals to effectively lead organizations through corporate and cultural challenges that change brings.
The second reason is that project management can enhance your career and productivity by giving you a skill set that allows you to rise above the compliance and tactical perception of your job and become an innovative and strategic player in the organization. So why wait? Enroll today to learn the necessary project management skills!
Session One: 11:00am - 12:15pm ET
Project Management Basics
Gain Key Fundamental Knowledge of Project Management Terminology and Methodology
- Develop a keen awareness of the skills required for a project manager
- Discuss the complexities around the triple constraint and how it drives the project
- Establish a baseline foundation for the basics of project management and the nine areas PM covers
- Integrate HR initiatives with organizational strategy, mission, and vision
- Demonstrate evidence that HR can integrate project planning with demonstrated results
- Measure results against stated objectives, project deliverables, and deadlines
Session Two: 12:30pm - 1:45pm ET
The Project Management Road Map: How To Plan To Get To Where You Want To Go
- Share how PM can organize current and future HR projects
- Learn how to use the Project Road Check to help set up your projects for success
- Understand the benefits of PM
- Gain Hands-On Experience of Crafting a Project Charter
- Complete a project charter for your specific organization
- Apply knowledge learned in an interactive exercise
Session Three: 2:00pm - 3:15pm ET
How To Apply The Right Tools/Templates To Ensure Project Success
Learn/Apply Project Management Templates in Phases!
- Walk through explanation of each template and when to use them
- Understand how PM templates use can keep your project organized
- Use a full array of cross functional templates
- Learn how to use the templates to save time; keep team informed and stay organized
- Tie meeting outcomes to project success via Project Action Register
Session Four: 3:30pm - 4:45pm ET
Risks, Issues, Communication, and Stakeholders: How To Effectively Manage Four Areas Where Project Can Die
Understand Potential Risks and Issues that May Arise and Who can Kill Your Project
- Discover how outlining mitigation strategy is essential to success
- Implement steps that could prevent common issues that arise
- Strategize solutions to the problems that may arise
- Learn how to identify your stakeholders and where they fall on the grid
- Participate in a Stakeholder Analysis Interactive Activity
- Understand where the stakeholder is on the Stakeholder Continuum
How To Attend
You will receive a phone number and password for each live session that you register for, or you can select the CD or OnDemand option if you wish to learn at your own pace or use the materials over and over as a reference tool. Note: You can purchase sessions individually for $219 each, or purchase all four sessions for only $599.
About Your Instructor
Kathi Kroop, MBA, SPHR, is a consultant, project manager, educator and public speaker with over 20 years as a passionate investor in human capital.
Ms. Kroop has served in public, private, federal, for profit, not-for-profit, and educational industries in both union and non-union environments in the US and in Europe. Her roles in the HR field have included HR leadership, employee relations, strategic planning, project management, and SAP consulting and performance management.
With expertise in leadership development, organizational change, and adult learning, Kroop designs and facilitates events that result in growth and learning. Ms Kroop has a Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, a Masters of Organizational Management, and an Executive Masters in Business Administration from the Ken Blanchard School of Business. She also is an instructor for Human Capital Development in the MBA program at the University of Phoenix.