Includes Updates For The Affordable Care Act Requirements
Cafeteria Plans are one of the most-used benefits offered by employers in the United States, yet they are often among the hardest to design and administer because of the numerous design and reimbursement options and the complexity of handling reimbursement requests.
Our Section 125 Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program is loaded with information on plan design, administrative options, and compliance requirements, and is written in non-legal terms.
More than just a read-along format typical in printed books, the course includes numerous examples, "Administrative Tips", and "Procedural Recommendations", as well as scenario-based, multiple choice interactive quizzes (with answer rationale provided) that test your ability to apply the correct procedures and processes learned during training that are key to ADA administration.
HereŒs Some Of What YouŒll Learn:
- Eligible Benefits
- Eligible Expenses
- Eligible Participants
- Design Options
- Plan Documentation &Communication
- Election Options
- Status Changes
- Claims Submittal Options &Procedures
- Reimbursement Options &Procedures
- Other Administrative Issues
- Integration With Other Laws
- Discrimination Testing
- Reporting And Disclosure
Includes Updates For The Affordable Care Act!
The Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program also includes updates due to the Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare). Specifically, it covers:
- Changes to the Use-It-Or-Lose-It Rule
- Guidance on the new "Carryover" option
- Change of Status requests due to coverage under state exchanges
- The prohibition on annual dollar limits on certain benefits
- Which Individual Insurance Plans are permissible under a Cafeteria Plan
- Tips for handling same-sex marriages under a Cafeteria Plan
- Award-winning, easy-to-use interface that includes numerous "Administrative Tips" and examples that highlight key learning areas
- Interactive Q&A with answer rationale provided to help ensure learning and check your progress along the way
- Procedural recommendations that provide key processes and procedures
- Access via the Internet allows you to study at your pace and access materials anytime, anywhere
- Special "Bookmark" feature that allows you to learn at your own pace and quickly return to training if you are interrupted
- FREE updates when the law changes
- EIGHT hours of PHR and SPHR re-certification credits
- Test to become a "Certified Cafeteria Plan Administrator". Your test is taken online and scored immediately, and your Certificate is mailed directly to you! We also show you any incorrectly answered test questions so you can improve any areas of weakness!
This course is sold as an annual subscription with four components: the training course itself; access to all training materials as a resource for one full year; free updates whenever the law changes, and; a Certified Administrator designation. Access to resource materials, free updates, and a new Certificate are available for subsequent years for a low renewal fee of $99 per year!
Organizations enrolling three or more individuals also receive our Management Interface at no cost, allowing managers to view employee progress, test scores, and incorrectly answered test questions.