Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Get Straightforward Solutions To Your Employee Discipline Problems
These days you just can't afford employees who drag down morale, destroy productivity, and distract you from important projects. Here's a proven system for dealing with difficult employees once and for all.
At This Seminar, You'll Learn How To:
- Approach an employee about the problem behavior … in a way that minimizes accusations, hostility, and defensiveness
- Create an improvement plan...and get your employee to commit to it
- Coach the employee...so there's no chance of misunderstanding
- Document the process...to encourage steady progress
- Discipline, reassign, or dismiss the person if the problem doesn't improve...and handle it all fairly
With the skills you will gain at this seminar, you'll get your difficult employees to pull their own weight. You'll eliminate "weak links" - and reveal a fully functioning team.
Recognize These Difficult Employees?
- "Bad Attitudes"
They complain constantly, and their dismal outlook is poisoning the rest of your team. Often, they have the skills to do their work well, but they fall short when it comes to enthusiasm, energy, and commitment.
- "The Unskilled"
They just don't have the skills they need. Maybe their jobs have outgrown them. Maybe they never had the skills, and it's becoming more and more apparent. Or perhaps they simply lack good judgment.
- "The Misdirected"
These employees aren't really difficult at all. They work hard and demonstrate their commitment. Unfortunately, they're confused about what you expect, or they've gotten distracted from their goals. They'll be happy to perform if you can help them find the way.
Attend This Powerful One-Day Seminar And Learn How To Discipline Employees Who:
- Have a bad attitude
- Are chronically tardy
- Miss work often
- Refuse to take responsibility
- Challenge your authority
- Get derailed by personal problems
You'll learn how to distinguish the types of problem employees. You'll learn the hidden causes behind difficult behavior, and you'll find out how to deal with each employee carefully and compassionately. And best of all, you'll learn how to correct the problem with...
- Clear standards
- Realistic action plans
- Progressive discipline
Turn Tour "Lost Causes" Into Solid Contributors!
All managers have to deal with difficult employees at some point. This seminar is an ideal way for you and your colleagues to get important training in performance management all at once.
After this seminar, you and the rest of your management team will speak the same language. You'll support each other in creating action plans, managing difficult employees, and applying progressive discipline.
Understanding Difficult Employees
- What a difficult employee "looks" like: nine symptoms to watch for
- Emotional and psychological roots of poor performance
- Should you wait until there is a clear pattern of problem behavior? Surprisingly, no, and you'll learn why
- A checklist to help you determine if you're unconsciously triggering the poor performance
- Communication breakdowns that lead to performance problems
- How to pinpoint the problems of difficult employees
Taking Positive Action
- Six factors to consider when choosing corrective measures
- Seven signs that your difficult employee needs more training
- Ways to prepare yourself to confront a difficult employee
- How to explain the problem to your employee without placing blame or causing defensiveness
- Techniques for setting realistic, clear performance standards (so you reward the behaviors you want and discourage those you don't)
- Progressive discipline: what to do when initial corrective actions don't work
- How to develop a performance improvement plan
Preparing For Dismissals
- Guidelines for documenting the disciplinary process:
- When to start
- What to include
- How to be consistent with company policy and employee agreements
- When and how to use a witness
- The right questions to ask
- When all else fails: how to talk with employees who are not improving and help them feel better about moving on
- How to avoid grievances, and the best ways to handle them if they do arise
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
High Praise From Past Participants:
"I took over a staff riddled with problems. While I have been able to turn around nine of 11 people, this seminar was dead on-target for the other two."
~ S. L. Dickinson, Support Staff Supervisor, Mental Health Services West
"This seminar is the first I've attended in ages that talked about solutions to problems."
~ Linda Cole, Leader, Allstate Insurance Company
"I would recommend this seminar for all supervisors and managers."
~ Lisa L. McKay, Program Director, Homer Perkins Center
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
All US States: 6
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||COLUMBIA, SC||12/6/2016|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||FLORENCE, SC||12/7/2016|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||FAYETTEVILLE, NC||12/8/2016|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||RALEIGH, NC||12/19/2016|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||CHARLOTTE, NC||12/20/2016|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||FLAGSTAFF, AZ||1/9/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||PHOENIX, AZ||1/10/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||TUCSON, AZ||1/11/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||EL PASO, TX||1/12/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||ALBUQUERQUE, NM||1/13/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||RENO, NV||1/17/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||SACRAMENTO, CA||1/18/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||MODESTO, CA||1/19/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||FRESNO, CA||1/20/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||SAN JOSE, CA||1/23/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||OAKLAND, CA||1/24/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||SANTA ROSA, CA||1/25/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||REDDING, CA||1/26/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||BIRMINGHAM, AL||2/6/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||MONTGOMERY, AL||2/7/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||PENSACOLA, FL||2/8/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||ST. LOUIS, MO||2/13/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||FORT LAUDERDALE, FL||2/14/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||PEORIA, IL||2/14/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||DAVENPORT, IA||2/15/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||CEDAR RAPIDS, IA||2/16/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||TAMPA, FL||2/16/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||DES MOINES, IA||2/17/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||GRAND ISLAND, NE||2/22/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||WICHITA, KS||2/22/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||OMAHA, NE||2/23/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||SIOUX FALLS, SD||2/24/2017|
|Criticism & Discipline Skills for Managers and Supervisors||ST. JOSEPH, MO||2/24/2017||
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program
COBRA Training &Certification Program
Basics Of Affirmative Action Planning
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results
Earn Your CFP
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)