Fundamentals of SBA Lending: Documenting, Closing and Funding the SBA Loan
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
At one time SBA loans were considered loans of last resort because of the complexities and nuances of SBA requirements and closing process. As credit standards have tightened, government guaranteed loans have gained prominence whereby lenders appreciate the credit enhancements provided through SBA programs to provide to credit facilities as well as fee income earned on SBA loans sold in the secondary marketplace. While these programs are readily available and encouraged by the SBA, they can be complicated for lenders.
The live audio conference will walk you through the details you need to know to prepare successful SBA loans. If a SBA loan is not properly documented, closed and serviced, it could lead to a partial or full denial of the guaranty in the event of a default with respect to a 7(a) loan or result in the failure of lenders interim loan to be refinanced with a 504 loan debenture.
You will learn who's eligible for loans, the different programs available (Standard 7(a) Loan Processing, Certified Lender Program), Preferred Lender Programs, 504 Loan Program, how the process works, what you need to document, and how to avoid common pitfalls.
Overview of 7(a) Programs
- Programs Available
- Types of Processing
- Purpose - Use of Proceeds
- Loan Terms
Documenting SBA Loans
- Credit Standards
- Appraisals and Environmental Policies
- Basic Loan Conditions and Requirements
Closing and Funding SBA Loans
- Collection and Review of Due Diligence Items
- Review of Third-Party Reports
- Common Roadblocks
- Servicing Actions
Thomas L. Hofstetter, Principal, Schenck Price Smith &King, LLC, Florham Park, NJ
- Chair of the firm's Banking Practice Group and member of Workout Restructuring Practice Group and Corporate Law Group
- Practice is focused on representing commercial lenders in loan transactions and other commercial matters
- Experience crosses a broad spectrum of lending areas, including real estate and asset-based secured loans, construction loans, foreclosures and loan workout arrangements
- Member of the National Association of Government Guaranteed Lenders (NAGGL) 7(a) Trade Origination serving as chair of Region II Regional Liaison Committee, member of Technical Issues Committee and instructor for the organization
- Member 504 National Association of Development Companies (NADCO) 504 Trade Organization
- Regularly presents in person and online seminars and conducts training sessions for clients regarding all aspects of closing commercial loans and SBA loans, including annual updates on the SBA SOPs
- Represents several national and community lenders with regard to 7(a) and 504 loans, designated counsel for several 504 Certified Development Companies (CDC)
- Former general counsel of a community bank and section chief for the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for presidents, vice presidents, branch managers, lending and loan officers, brokers, loan department personnel, credit and collection managers, accountants and attorneys.
Continuing Education Credit
Credit is available only for the LIVE webcast. Recorded versions do not qualify for credit. Only registered and paid attendees will receive continuing education credit. Certificates of Completion are provided to each registered attendee. Your certificate will be emailed to you within two weeks following completion of the program.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CPE|
All US States: 1.5
All US States: 0.5
All US States: 0.5
All US States: 2
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Business Writing for Results