Uncovering Workers' Compensation Fraud
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
Who pays for workers' compensation fraud? EVERYONE does, except the fraudsters. Workers' compensation fraud cost business millions of dollars a year in lost time, work moral, productivity, and staffing and overall business growth.
This training session helps employers, HR, and managers to take control of a suspicious workers' compensation claim, understand how carriers and TPAs handle fraud cases, and what you can do to assist them.
You'll also learn what happens when a workers' compensation claim is handed over to the investigator. See case by case studies of how cases are prepared before surveillance is undertaken. What pre-surveillance measures are needed? Focus on social media investigations as the new 'electronic surveillance'. Watch real workers' compensation claims surveillance footage of potential fraudsters caught in the act ... and finally see fraudsters in their criminal complaints mug shots.
Last, there will be questions and answers regarding the use of surveillance in any current situations that you may be faced with.
- Workers' Compensation Fraud - Who Pays the Price
- Statistical Trends and How Effective Detection and Aggressive Hands on Integration Can Minimize the Damages
- How to Detect, Identify and Deter Workers' Compensation Fraud in the Work Place - Red Flags, Internal Intelligence
- Self Insured Retention - Take Control of the Money … It's Your Money
- Insurance Carrier Requirements and Insured Involvement, the NICB and CAIF
- The Tools of Anti-Fraud Programs and SIU Involvement
- Employers Preventative Measures, Pre-FROI (First Report of Injury) – What Can You Do to Prevent a Workers' Compensation Claim
- NICB - National Insurance Crime Bureau and CAIF - Coalition Against Insurance Fraud - Meet Your Friends
- Reporting Fraud - State-by-State Reporting Agencies, Contacts, Address and Phone Numbers
- Investigation, Social Media and Surveillance
- Investigators Tool Box - Research Tools, With Focus on Ethics
- Proper Use of Surveillance to Document Workers' Compensation Fraud
- What Can You Do to Make the Outcome a Success - Become an Investigator
- Surveillance Videos of Fraudsters
- What Does a Good Day Mean!
- Meet the Fraudsters - Surveillance Results and Cases of Fraud Prosecution
Lloyd Brown, LPI, CIFI
- Marketing and client relations specialist for the Insurance Defense Group, as well as lead Surveillance Group and SIU Liaison at Stumar Investigations
- A 25 year investigative veteran, his entree into the field came in 1984 while working in the risk management/safety department of a national soft drink transportation company, investigating large truck accidents, liability and cargo theft claims
- In 1989, he joined a regional investigations firm, taking a position as field investigator/surveillance agent and ultimately managed their SIU business unit
- Prior to joining Stumar in 2002, he was the national account executive for Crawford and Company, within their investigations division
- Holds his CIFI designation (Certified Insurance Fraud Investigator), from IASIU (International Association of Special Investigative Units), and currently, finalizing his studies for his ARM designation (Associate in Risk Management) from the American Institute for CPCU
- Member of the Program Advisory Committees of Kaplan Career Institute, CHI Institute and DPT Business School
- Has served as president of the Pennsylvania Claims Association and is a member of numerous claims associations within the Mid Atlantic region and national venues
- Has provided testimony in local, state and federal courts, and also has spoken and lectured on investigations and surveillance for insurance carriers, third-party administrators and self-insured companies
Who Should Attend
This teleconference is designed for human resource managers, benefits managers, safety directors, compliance officers, insurance professionals, business owners and managers, payroll professionals, accountants, controllers and attorneys.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Earn Your CFP
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program