Creative Estate Planning for Clients Under $10 million (Not Subject to Federal Estate Tax)
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
While practitioners are familiar with the changes made by the American Taxpayer Relief Act of 2012 (ATRA) the ripple effects of the changes are profound and will dramatically affect the estate planning strategies professional advisers (attorneys, accountants, financial planners, insurance consultants, appraisers and others) can and should render.
With the demise of the federal estate tax the tax driver that pushed clients to plan has disappeared for most clients. Even for those living in decoupled states the state estate or inheritance taxes, while well worth planning for, are not the motivator the federal estate tax had been. Also, estate tax planning strategies can be quite difficult. What steps can practitioners take to advise clients and help their practices thrive in this new tax environment? Our course is designed to provide estate tax protection solutions for practitioners.
- You will be able to discuss planning for nontax or human factors.
- You will be able to explain repurposing existing planning.
- You will be able to identify decoupled states.
- You will be able to review planning and drafting.
I. Educating Clients
- Absent the Estate Tax Driver What Will Motivate Clients to Plan?
- How Can Practitioners Educate Clients as to the Continued Importance of Estate Planning Even Absent an Estate Tax?
II. Planning for Nontax or Human Factors
- What Nontax and Other Factors Will Assume a More Important Role in the Planning Process?
- Human Aspects of Planning, Asset Protection, Divorce Protection, Business Succession Planning and Other Issues Will Now Come to the Fore?
III. Repurposing Existing Planning
- What Can Be Done With Existing Planning to Repurpose It Under the New Law?
- What Can Be Done With
IV. Decoupled States
- What Issues Must Planners Address Concerning Estate Tax in Decoupled States?
- States With State Only QTIP Election (e.g. Massachusetts)
V. Planning and Drafting
- How Can Planning and Drafting Change to Address the New Planning Environment?
- What Provisions Might Be Added to State Bypass Trusts to Address the Quest for Basis Step Up?
- How Can Existing and Future Bypass Trusts Be Administered in a More Tax Efficient Manner?
VI. Professional Roles
- How Will the Roles of the Attorney, CPA and Wealth Manager Change in the New Estate Planning Environment?
- How Can Those in Each Discipline Coordinate Better With Others on the Advisory Team?
- CPAs and Wealth Managers Will Have a More Important Role as Catalysts for the Estate Planning Process
- What Will This Mean to All Practitioners?
Martin M. Shenkman, CPA, M.B.A., J.D., Martin M. Shenkman, P.C.
- Attorney in Paramus, New Jersey and New York City
- Focuses on estate planning and administration, tax planning and corporate law
- Named by Worth Magazine as one of the Top 100 Attorneys
- Named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 40 Accountants
- Source for numerous financial publications
- Written 38 books and more than 800 articles
- CPA in New Jersey, Michigan and New York
- J.D. degree, Fordham University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, University of Michigan; B.S. degree, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Continuing Education Credits
Credit is available only for the LIVE audio conference. Recorded versions do not qualify for credit. Only registered and paid attendees will receive continuing education credit. Certificates of Completion are provided to each registered attendee. Your certificate will be emailed to you within two weeks following completion of the program.
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CPE|
All US States: 1.5
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results
Certified Annuity Specialist (CAS)
Wrap Legal Documents for Section 125/HSA/HRA Kit
Critical Selling® Skills Sales Training Seminar