Telecommuting: The Next Wave Of Wage And Hour Litigation
|Date / Time:
|| Audio Conference|
Technological developments have resulted in a substantial increase over the last several years in the number of employers offering telecommuting as an alternative work arrangement, and the number of employees who choose it.
Although telecommuting arrangements can be beneficial to employers and employees, many employers have failed to adequately meet many of the legal compliance and liability challenges that telecommuting arrangements may present.
Among the most serious of these challenges are wage and hour issues that present a minefield of potential liability for employers - liabilities that may be avoidable if the telecommuting arrangement is properly managed.
An increasing number of wage and hour lawsuits, frequently collective or class actions, have been directed against employers who offer telecommuting arrangements.
This training session will provide managers and legal advisers with the background they need concerning the legal landscape surrounding wage and hour issues applicable to telecommuting arrangements, and the management policies and practices they should implement to reduce risk. Covered topics include:
About Your Presenter
- Overview of Telecommuting Arrangements, Agreements and Policies
- Summary of Wage and Hour Requirements and Their Particular Application to Telecommuting Employees
- Defining and Effectively Managing Compensable Work
- Implementing and Managing Time Keeping Systems and Avoiding Off-the-Clock Work Claims by Telecommuting Employees
- Rest and Meal Break Issues
- Travel Time Issues Affecting Telecommuting Employees
- Exempt Status Issues and Telecommuting Employees
- Managing and Complying With Multistate Legal Obligations That Arise in Telecommuting Arrangements
- Other Wage and Hour Issues That Arise in Telecommuting Arrangements
Paul M. Ostroff
- Partner with the law firm of Lane Powell PC
- Practices in all phases of labor and employment law
- Named in The Best Lawyers in America, Labor and Employment, 2011, 2012, 2013
- Named an Oregon Super Lawyer
- Frequent speaker on labor and employment issues before national and regional professional and business organizations
- J.D. degree, University of California, Hasting College of Law; M.B.A. degree, University of Chicago; A.B. degree, University of California, Berkeley
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
How To Conduct A Reasonable Accommodation Discussion
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Earn Your CFP
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements