Financial Statement Preparation And Analysis For Non-Profits
|Date / Time:
This live webinar will provide you with an overview of nonprofit financial statements and both external and internal nonprofit financial reporting concepts. We will focus on the primary users of nonprofit financial statements and the key differences between nonprofit and for-profit financial statements and reporting.
This webinar will explore the fundamental accounting concepts underlying nonprofit financial statement presentation and reporting and will provide you with the tools you need to improve the overall quality and accuracy of financial reporting at your nonprofit organization.
Finally, we will discuss how to effectively and efficiently review nonprofit financial statements to assess the overall financial health of a nonprofit organization and provide you with a better understanding of how your financial statements are evaluated by board members, granting agencies, foundations, other donors and the public.
Financial Reporting Overview
Basic Nonprofit Accounting and Reporting Concepts and Differences With the For-Profit Sector
- Internal vs. External Reporting
- Basic External Financial Statements
- Internal Reports
- Fund Accounting
- Net Assets
- Temporarily Restricted
- Permanently Restricted/Endowments
- Net Assets Released From Restriction
- Contribution and Pledge Recognition
- Donated Goods and Services
- Special Event Reporting
- Investment Accounting
- Capital Campaigns
- Functional Expense Reporting
- Management and General
- Joint Costs
- Affiliated Entities and Control
Nonprofit Financial Statement Analysis
- Financial and Nonfinancial
- Top 10 Areas to Focus on
- Ratio Analysis and Benchmarking
Marie C. Caputo CPA, CGMA, CGFM
- Principal in CliftonLarsonAllen's Calverton, Maryland, office
- CliftonLarsonAllen is a national accounting firm with 90 offices across the country
- Local leader of the firm's nonprofit practice, which includes more than 1,000 local clients
- More than 20 years of experience
- Conducts regular presentations and writes articles on topics relevant to the nonprofit industry
- Co-chair of the not-for-profit committee of the Maryland Association of CPAs
- President of the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area Chapter of the American Women's Society of CPAs and national board member
- FASB Resource Group member
- Member of relevant professional organizations such as the American Institute of CPAs, American Society of Association Executives and InsideNGO
- Recognized as a SmartCPA by the Washington SmartCEO magazine
- B.S. degree in accounting, University of Maryland, College Park
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Critical Selling® Skills Sales Training Seminar
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)