Trusts And Divorce: Discussion Between An Estate Planner And Matrimonial Attorney
|Date / Time:
With a 50% divorce rate, and a higher rate, some say 75%, for second and later marriages, a careful understanding of the matrimonial implications of estate planning and in particular the use of trusts, is essential to accomplish essential matrimonial and estate planning goals. Trusts have important matrimonial implications.Matrimonial vs. Estate Planning – Practical Planning and Drafting
This live webinar will review will and trust drafting, and how trusts may be attacked in a divorce. It will also cover prenuptial agreements, postnuptial agreements, drafting gift and other provisions, financial planning and structuring accounts and assets to conform with the matrimonial arrangements, and other matters.
This live webinar will explore how modern trust drafting techniques protect clients going through divorce, and how matrimonial practitioners will have to address these techniques when representing clients in divorce.
Estate Planning for Future Heirs
Treatment of Spouse in Trust Agreements
Prenuptial Agreements – Generally, Addressing Portability, Trusts, Powers of Appointment, etc.
Living Together Agreements
BDIT – Using a Beneficiary Defective Irrevocable Trust as a Pre-Marital Planning Tool
Spousal Right of Election
Estate Planning During Marriage
Post-Nuptial Agreements and Estate Planning
Trusts During Divorce
Children's 529 Plans
Qualified Personal Residence Trust (QPRT)
Insurance Trust to Meet Divorce Obligations
FLPs – Family Limited Partnerships and FLLCs – Family Limited Liability Companies
Property Settlement Agreement (PSA) - Estate and Trust Considerations
Post-Divorce Estate Planning StepsFaculty
Laurence J. Cutler Esq.
Martin M. Shenkman CPA, M.B.A., J.D.
- Attorney with Laufer, Dalena, Cadicina, Jensen & Boyd, LLC
- Practices in divorce, family law, mediation, arbitration and appeals
- Has been involved in virtually every activity in which a New Jersey matrimonial lawyer could be involved over the span of his more than four decades of practice exclusively limited to matrimonial law and related matters
- Has written and taught extensively on topics related to his areas of expertise
- Co-writer of the treatise "New Jersey Family Law Practice" used by practically every attorney and judge in New Jersey who practices matrimonial law
- Recipient of the prestigious Saul Tishler Award of the Family Law Section for his contributions to the advancement of family law in the State of New Jersey
- Recipient of the coveted Alfred C. Clapp Award of the New Jersey Institute for Continuing Legal Education for his outstanding contributions and his ongoing commitment to the advancement of continuing legal education for the New Jersey Bench and Bar
- Listed attorney in The Best Lawyers in America, Bar Register of Pre-eminent Lawyers, and Best Lawyers in New Jersey, New Jersey Monthly
- Attorney in Paramus, New Jersey and New York City
- Focuses on estate planning and administration, tax planning and corporate law
- Named by Worth Magazine as one of the Top 100 Attorneys
- Named by CPA Magazine as one of the Top 40 Accountants
- Source for numerous financial publications
- Contributing editor to Matrimonie Strategies for over 20 years
- Written 44 books and more than 800 articles
- CPA in New Jersey, Michigan and New York
- J.D. degree, Fordham University School of Law; M.B.A. degree, University of Michigan; B.S. degree, Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Business Writing for Results