New Guidance For CPAs Offering Personal Financial Planning
|Date / Time:
The increased demand and projected growth of personal financial planning services in areas such as estate, retirement, risk management, and investments have brought the accounting profession to an important crossroad.
To adapt to an evolving profession and regulatory landscape, in addition to the existing regulatory framework for CPAs, the AICPA is promulgating the Statement on Standards in Personal Financial Planning Services (the Statement).
Members practicing in cash flow planning, risk management and insurance planning, retirement planning, investment planning, estate/gift/wealth transfer planning, elder planning, charitable planning, education planning, or tax planning should understand whether the Statement applies to them and how they can use the Statement to protect their clients and their practice.
Personal Financial Planning Landscape
The Nature and Objective of the Statement
- Why PFP?
- How the Statement Will Help Elevate Your Practice
When and to Whom It AppliesUsing the Compliance Toolkit to Implement the Statement in Your FirmFACULTY
In-Depth Explanation of the Requirements, Including Answers to Frequently Asked QuestionsHow to Apply the Statement in Your Engagements With Clients
- Responsibilities of Members in PFP Engagements
- Planning the Engagement
- Obtaining and Analyzing Information
- Developing and Communicating Recommendations
- Working With Other Service Providers
Christine A. Romsdahl CPA/PFS, CFP®
- Owner of Christine A. Romsdahl, CPA/PFS since 2003
- Part-time presenter of financial planning workshops for large employee groups, Ernst & Young
- 12 years of work experience in personal financial counseling groups of public accounting firms, including Ernst & Young, and Deloitte, and 1.5 years with an executive compensation consulting group at Hewitt/Aon
- Certified Public Accountant/Personal Financial Specialist
- Certified Financial Planner
- Member, AICPA (PFP Division) and Texas Society of CPA; AICPA Personal Financial Planning Division Executive Committee; Houston CPA Society, Finance Committee (2012 – present) and past board member (2005 – 2007) and member and past chair, Financial Literacy & Financial Planning Committees
- M.B.A. degree, The University of Texas at Austin
- B.A. degree, Rice University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Earn Your CFP
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program