Document Retention and Destruction Policies for Financial Institutions
|Date / Time:
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
This webinar helps financial institutions understand how to craft an effective document retention and destruction policy, combining people, processes, and appropriate technology to meet not only compliance requirements but various corporate goals as well.
The webinar also will underscore the importance of an effective "litigation hold" program to suspend record destruction in the event of pending or reasonably foreseeable litigation, audits, or government investigations. Failing to preserve or protect certain documents can result in real and substantial negative consequences for financial institutions.
This webinar is critical for financial institutions so they can ensure they have policies and procedures in place to preserve and protect those documents where appropriate and necessary.
Basic Principles to Consider
Creating a Document Retention and Destruction Policy
- People, Processes, and Technology
- Compliance Not the Only Goal
- Reasonable and Practical Is the Touchstone
Implement Your Policy
- Assemble Your Team
- Identify the What, Why, and Who
- Map Information Assets
- Define and Classify Documents Based Upon Value
- Create Schedules for Retention, Archive, Destruction
- Suspend Destruction When Appropriate
Monitor and Refine Your Policy
- Obtain Input and Buy-in
- Implement Policy Directives
- Train Employees
- Organize, Archive, Destroy
About The Presenter
- Track Compliance and Measure Performance
- Audit Practices
- Review and Modify Periodically
- Document Policy, Implementation, Training, and Audits
- Partner in the law firm of Adams and Reese LLP
- Practice emphasizes privacy, information security, and information governance for financial institutions, healthcare providers, public utilities, and other businesses. Pringle has obtained the CIPP-US designation from the International Association of Privacy Professionals (IAPP), and advises clients on the retention, collection, management, and production of electronically stored information (“ESI”)
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous topics, including privacy, data security, information governance, ESI, social media, and the effective use of technology
- Wrote several articles in the areas of privacy, data security and information governance
- J.D. degree, University of South Carolina School of Law; B.A. degree, Washington and Lee University
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
|Order:||Qty: Select State: |
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Earn Your CFP
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program