ERISA Benefit Plans: Addressing And Preventing A Data Breach
|Date / Time:
Companies experience data breaches every day, but when they affect the company's benefit plans there are some unique issues to consider. This is particularly true when the plans are subject to ERISA and HIPAA.
Questions concerning the application of ERISA preemption, determining who is responsible for the breach response, and related issues often can unduly delay the breach response.
This webinar will help businesses, and in particular their HR, legal and benefits leaders to understand the nuances ERISA and HIPAA raise when a data breach affects covered plans. Learn best practices for avoiding a breach and, should one happen, how to respond.
Unique Data Security Considerations for ERISA Plans
Best Practices for Preventing Plan Breaches
- What Is an ERISA Plan?
- Why Are Group Health Plans Special?
- What Is ERISA Preemption and Why Is It Important?
- Vendor Management and Contracting
Summary of Data Breach Statutes and Regulations
- Assess Risk to Plan Data
- Policies and Procedures
- Implementation, Training and Turnover
- Plan Documents
- Vendor Management
- Periodic Review
Addressing a Plan Breach
- HIPAA, State Laws, EU
- Basic Structure
- Key Definitions
- Risk of Harm
- HIPAA Carve Outs
- State Agency Notifications
- Credit Monitoring, Remediation
About The Presenter
- Be Prepared
- Cyber Coverage
- Internal Challenges for the HR/Benefits Professional
- Coordinating External Resources
- Special Issues With Vendor/Carrier Breaches
Joe J. Lazzarotti, Esq.
Damon W. Silver, Esq.
- Partner in the Morristown office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Practice emphasizes all aspects of data privacy, breach response and ERISA compliance and plan administration
- Conducts regular seminars and workshops on numerous data privacy and benefit plans issues
- Wrote several publications related to the areas of data privacy and employee benefits
- Certified information privacy professional
- Associate in the New York City office of Jackson Lewis P.C.
- Member of the firm’s Privacy e-Communication and Data Security Group
- Wrote several publications on topics relating to privacy and data security
- J.D. degree, NYU School of Law
Cannot Attend The Live Presentation?
This presentation is also available in a recorded format, in CD version, as shown in the pricing options below.
|About Webcasts / Audio Conferences / Podcasts:|
Webcasts, audio conferences, and podcasts are presentations that you
attend via the Internet, phone, or mobile device at a specified date and time for "live" versions, or at your convenience for "recorded" and "On-Demand" versions.
versions are interactive, meaning that participants can ask questions in real time, plus are a very cost-effective form of training because 1) you receive fast, convenient learning without
any out-of-office time; 2) you can invite as many colleagues as you'd like to listen in on a single phone line; 3) you incur no travel expenses; and 4) you and your colleagues are back
at work immediately after the session ends!
And though with recorded versions you do lose the ability to ask questions, you gain the ability to hear the presentation numerous
times and to share it with others in your office.
Handout materials and the phone number for live presentations are made available to you prior to the event via email from the
presenter and from the "MyAccount" link on the menu bar. Copies of the presentations are included with recorded versions.
|About The Provider:
||Lorman Education Services has provided educational seminars and online training for professionals since 1987.
Since then, we've kept thousands of professionals in the United States and internationally current on the most pressing topics in a rapidly changing marketplace of ideas. Like you, we understand the need for concise, accurate information.
That understanding underlies each Lorman course, presenting the latest information on the laws and regulations critical to your organization's successful daily operations.
Moreover, each course receives our painstaking attention to be certain both the faculty and participants receive the individual attention necessary to achieve maximum benefit from the materials.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Earn Your CFP
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program