Today's financial institutions face the training challenges of reaching more employees, reducing costs, and increasing retention levels. Online training, eLearning, and distance education are among the many methodologies in the virtual world to help meet these training challenges. Knowing where to start, especially if this is uncharted territory, can be overwhelming. This session is for you if:
- You are considering a virtual learning environment.
- You currently offer self-directed computer based training and are wondering "what's next".
- You want to leverage the internet to conduct live instructor-led training.
In this thought-provoking webinar you will gain an understanding of the virtual world, financial factors to consider, and a road map to bring live virtual training into your organization.
What You Will Learn:
- What is eLearning?
- Costs involved in establishing a virtual learning environment.
- How to calculate ROI when implementing a virtual learning environment.
- Gaining "buy-in" at the executive level.
- Ideas to create momentum and energy with your participants in support of your virtual learning environment.
- What is the skill set of the virtual trainer?
- Similarities and differences between the traditional and virtual classrooms from the instructor's perspective and the student's perspective.
- Preparing for the transition from the traditional classroom to the virtual classroom.
- Developing a virtual trainer.
Who Should Attend?
Senior management, corporate trainers, training directors, training managers, and anyone in a training role that is looking to transition the physical classroom experience to the virtual world.
Dawn Smith is the creator and designer of Virtual Effect, a Learning Series for Online Instructors. Dawn has been working in training and development since 1997, specifically with online and virtual technologies for the last 10 years. She holds a Master of Arts (MA) in Training and Development from Roosevelt University and a Master of Science (MS) in Management Information Systems from Northern Illinois University. Dawn has also completed doctorate-level coursework in adult instructional methodologies and researched models for developing exceptional online instructors.
Rebecca Doepke, CEO of Keeping It Awesome!, has spent the past 22 years in training and development. Prior banking experience has provided Rebecca with an insider's understanding of staff education and culture change. Her diverse industry experience coupled with a high level of commitment to the frontline staff and customer service provides an invaluable service to her clients.
Dana Peters, CEO of Mondo Learning Solutions, has spent the past 17 years in leadership roles developing staff to achieve goals. Dana has extensive experience overseeing the administrative and operational functions in the credit union industry, with an emphasis on process improvement. She has been retained on numerous occasions to develop and facilitate sales training courses for vendors and institutions in the financial industry.