The Dodd-Frank Act contains many game-changers affecting almost every aspect of banking, but perhaps no area will be as greatly impacted as mortgage lending. Some of those changes are already here – loan originator compensation and new appraisal standards, to name two. The many statutory and coming regulatory amendments will cause many lenders to question whether they should stay in the mortgage business, or if they do, to what extent. This is more than a compliance event: it is a larger, business-related decision, since the changes go far beyond just new disclosures.
Mortgage lending will become both more risky and expensive as a result. In this webinar, we'll detail the changes (both present and future) and discuss what to expect from the regulators (including the new Consumer Financial Protection Bureau).
You'll be prepared to identify what new issues your institution will face as a result.
- "Qualified mortgages" – what are these? How are they really "plain vanilla" mortgages, and will you make any loans but these?
- Many new prohibitions, including steering and mischaracterizations
- Risk retention requirements for originators of residential mortgages – what will this do to your loan-loss reserves and bottom line?
- UDAAP: the new standard, including practices that might be considered "abusive"
- Combined disclosures under Reg. Z and RESPA – better than before, or be careful what you wish for?
- More data elements to be reported under HMDA and increased fair lending risk
- Who will enforce the new rules – the Consumer Bureau? Your prudential regulator? How many players are in the game?
- SAFE Act impacts – the Registry, where to list identifiers, and more
- The "ability to repay standard" – what is this and how is it met?
- Required escrows
- Changes to high-cost mortgage loans, including a lower threshold
- New appraisal requirements under both FIRREA, TILA, and ECOA; plus the end of the HVCC
We'll also provide ample opportunities for questions and answers.
Who Should Attend?
Anyone in your institution that has anything to do with residential mortgage lending will benefit from this information, including loan officers, underwriters, credit officers, senior management, compliance officers, counsel, originators, and others.
Carl Pry is a Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM) and Certified Risk Professional (CRP) who is a Senior Vice President and Compliance Manager for a large financial institution in Ohio. Through his working career, as well as through his experience as a banking attorney and officer, he has provided a variety of regulatory compliance and financial performance services to financial institutions and other clients throughout the country. He has written extensively regarding consumer and commercial compliance, tax, audit, and financial institution legal issues, and is a frequent contributor to and currently serves on the Editorial Advisory Board for the ABA Bank Compliance magazine. He has spoken at dozens of banking, compliance, and state bar associations, and has conducted training sessions for financial institutions across the country.
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.