Excel Training: How To Use Pivot Tables
Pivot Tables are interactive tables in Excel that allow the user to group and summarize large amounts of data in a concise, tabular format for easier reporting and analysis.
One advantage of Pivot Tables is that they allow you to quickly convert lists of data into useful reports and charts. Another advantage allows you to extract significance from a huge data dumps, or to rearrange, hide, or display different category fields within the Pivot Table to provide alternate views of the data.
Unfortunately, Pivot Tables are one of the most underutilized Excel features, primarily because users often fear there’s a long learning curve. However, by the end of this webcast, you’ll be able to transform data into a pivot table–ready format and instantly create reports by simply dragging and dropping fields with your mouse.
About Your Speaker:
- Identify how to transform unwieldly data into usable reports in just a few simple steps
- Compile unwieldy data into the format required for pivot table analysis quickly and easily
- Disable the GETPIVOTDATA function if it’s not needed for your analysis
- Discover how pivot tables differ from worksheet formulas and learn the importance of the Refresh command
- Discover the Recommended Pivot Tables feature
- Identify the requirements of ideal data sets to be analyzed within your pivot tables
- Incorporate calculations within or alongside pivot tables
- Learn how to expand and collapse pivot table elements, thereby avoiding information overload
- Prevent frustration by understanding the nuances of pivot table formatting
- Use a simple keyboard shortcut to post the same formula to multiple cells at once
- Use the Report Filter command to create breakout tables and dig deeper into the numbers
- Apply what you’ve learned to easily implement Excel’s PivotTable feature
- Define how to use the Slicers feature introduced in Excel 2010 as well as Recommended Pivot Tables in Excel 2013
David Ringstrom, CPA, is the Tech Editor-at-Large for AccountingWEB and Going Concern. David speaks at conferences nationally and presents dozens of webinars annually on Excel and other topics. He offers Excel training and consulting services nationwide, and has written numerous articles on spreadsheets.
Other Excel Topics
This course is just one of several Excel training courses we offer as part of our Excel training line. Go to www.CPATrainingCenter.com/Excel-Training-For-Accountants.asp to see the full list of Excel training courses.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||PHR / SPHR Re-Certification Credits|
All US States: 1.5
|About The Provider:
||The Industry Calendar creates and sells webinars, audio conferences, and seminars for busy business professionals.
We've done the work of listing the important, don't-miss events in one convenient location so you can quickly and easily view and register for upcoming events. Simply click on a course title or search by specific industry to get started!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|How To Use Excel Pivot Tables||CD/On-Demand||$239.00||
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program
COBRA Training &Certification Program
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Earn Your CFP
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
Business Writing for Results