Excel Explained: Filtering and Formatting Data
In this helpful session, Excel expert David Ringstrom, CPA, shares various ways you can streamline filtering tasks, including little-known shortcuts, such as Custom Views and the hidden AutoFilter command. He also discusses Conditional Formatting and explains how to resolve somewhat challenging issues, including how to remove non-breaking spaces from reports you copy from cloud-based software or from text with carriage returns.
David teaches from the version of Excel used by the majority of attendees, but he explains any differences in Excel 2007, 2010, 2013, and 2016. His webcasts are fast-paced, and attendees often are surprised at the amount of ground he covers in a session. He welcomes participants’ questions, so come ready to pick his brain.
David’s detailed handouts serve as reference tools you can fall back on after participating in his webcasts. In addition, he provides an Excel workbook that includes a majority of the examples he uses during each session.
- Apply different filter settings with just a couple of mouse clicks using the Custom Views feature.
- Avoid retyping data or cumbersome formulas by way of Excel’s Text to Columns command.
- Bypass filter drop-down lists by filtering based on cell contents with a single keystroke or mouse click.
- Compile unwieldy data into the format required for pivot table analysis quickly and easily.
- Identify duplicates in a list using Conditional Formatting.
- Learn how the Table feature allows you to transform filtering tasks.
- Learn which features, such as Custom Views, you can’t use when one or more tables exist in a workbook.
- See two techniques for determining if conditional formatting has been applied to a worksheet, and if so, where.
- Simplify repetitive tasks by creating your own keyboard shortcuts.
- Transform dates and numbers into various formats without retyping by way of custom number formats.
- Transform text by way of Excel’s UPPER, LOWER, PROPER, and TRIM functions.
- Use Conditional Formatting to color code your data, identify duplicates, and apply icons.
- Use Excel’s CODE function to identify pesky non-printing characters in your data.
- Use the CLEAN and TRIM functions to eliminate non-printing characters, such as tabs, carriage returns, and spaces, in your data that can trigger #VALUE! and other errors.
- Use the SUBSTITUTE function to strategically replace unwanted characters within your data.
- Use the Text to Columns feature to eliminate unwanted text without retyping or to separate text into columns.
- Wrangle long lists of data by filtering instead of sorting.
- Identify the Quick Access Toolbar command that can enable you to filter data with one click.
- Recognize which Excel function capitalizes the first letter of each word.
- Distinguish between worksheet functions to use when extracting characters from a cell.
Who Should Attend:
Intermediate-level Excel users who work with large data sets and wish to learn ways to streamline their filtering and formatting tasks.
David Ringstrom, CPA owns Accounting Advisors, Inc., an Atlanta-based spreadsheet and database consulting firm that he started in 1991. David has written freelance articles about spreadsheets since 1996, some of which have been published internationally. He teaches scores of webinars on Excel each year, along with speaking at conferences. David coined the phrase "Either you work Excel, or it works you!" Accordingly his sessions are designed to help you turn the tide and become a much more effective spreadsheet user.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 2.5
All Canadian Provinces: 2.5
|About The Provider:
||Since 1983 Total Training Solutions has produced dozens of videotapes, CD-Roms, DVD's and web-based training modules. In addition to off-the-shelf products, Total Training Solutions also develops custom training products and consults with financial institutions to develop their own training curriculum.
For timely delivery of training topics, webinars or web conferencing is an unbeatable option. We now offer over 100 live programs per year and you can even purchase the recorded or ondemand session if you are unable to attend the live program.
We have worked exclusively with the financial industry since our founding. Because of this, we understand the needs of training departments in financial institutions and are alert to changes which affect the industry.
Attend the live session with the opportunity to ask questions to the presenter. You also receive a link to the handouts. All registrations for a live event will be given access to the OnDemand recording, at no additional cost, for seven days following the event. This will allow a flexible alternative when last minute conflicts intrude on scheduled events.
CD-Rom includes audio and video of recorded webinar plus hard copy handouts. You will also receive 6 months access to the OnDemand weblink as an added free bonus.
Includes a weblink for unlimited viewing for 6 months after the date of the webinar as well as a link to handouts.
Live + Recorded:
Includes all three options above. Live session, OnDemand Weblink, and CD-Rom plus Hardcopy Handouts.
Live + OnDemand:
Includes two of the options above. Live session and 6 months access to OnDemand Weblink plus link to handouts.
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Webcast|
|Excel Explained: Filtering and Formatting Data||CD/On-Demand||$325.00||
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Xactimate Training-Live Online Training
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Business Writing for Results