Searching for ARe training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers ARe training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Reinsurance designation.
The Associate in Reinsurance (ARe) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons in the field of reinsurance and signifies that a certificant has attained comprehensive knowledge of reinsurance terms and pricing, reinsurance treaties, facultative certificates, and developed the necessary skills to design a reinsurance program.
Reinsurance professionals who work outside the U.S. can gain a greater understanding of the U.S. market through the pursuit of the ARe designation.
Candidates must pass an examination for five of the following courses to earn the designation - four required and one elective.
Note on Course Sequence: It is better to take ARe 143 before ARe 144.
- ARe 143: Primary Insurance Coverages
- ARe 144: Reinsurance Principles and Practices
- ARe 145: Readings in Reinsurance Issues and Developments (note: there are no textbooks for ARe 145; students must read articles online and answer multiple-choice questions on each article, and the course must be completed in 12 months)
- CPCU 520: Insurance Operations, Regulation, and Statutory Accounting
Elective Courses - (choose 1)
- CPCU 540: Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals
- ARM 56: Risk Financing
- AIAF 111: Statutory Accounting for Property-Casualty Insurers
Each exam varies, depending upon the course:
National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- ARe 143/144, ARM 56, AIAF 111: Eighty-five computer-administered, objective (multiple-choice) questions. Time allotted: 2 hours.
- ARe 145: Students must answer 5, 10, or 15 multiple-choice questions on each article, and one must correctly answer 150 questions to complete the course. There will be at least 40 articles available from which to choose.
- CPCU 520 and 540: Computer-administered essay. Time allotted: 3 hours.
Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more information or to schedule your exam; Exam fees will apply.
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
Those pursuing the ARe designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain this designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the ARe designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "ARe - Associate in Reinsurance".