Workers' Compensation Training For Insurance Agents
Need Workers Compensation Training?
Searching for Workers Compensation training or training to earn your AIC designation? Then you've come to the right place, as we offer several types of Workers Comp training courses, as described below.What Is Workers Compensation?
Workers compensation is an insurance that provides certain wage and other benefits to people who are injured or become ill at work. Coverage and benefits are mandated by each individual state and can vary according to the state in question. What Role Does An Insurance Agent Play In Workers Compensation?
At a basic level, insurance agents should be able to explain to their clients how workers compensation works, understand their clients' past and potential claims, then be able to get quotes for coverage. Insurance Agents also should understand the:
- Applicable state's workers comp rules and requirements
- Responsibilities of the administrator in the workers comp claim
- How to deal with accommodation requests
- Selection of the medical providers
- Medical management of the claim
- Proper account handling procedures
- Best practices for workers comp claim handling
- Rules and options for return-to-work
- Intracacies of how to fight fraudulent claims
Workers Comp Training Options
Listed below are some of our best-selling workers comp seminars, webinars, and online training courses. You attend seminars either via video conference or in-person at a specific date, time, and venue. Webinars are available in live, CD, and OnDemand formats. Online Workers Comp Training Courses
The following are online courses you can take anywhere with Internet access:Workers Comp Training Seminars And WebinarsThe Workers Comp Specialist Designation
The Workers Comp Specialist Designation is an advanced training program than helps ensure compliance with federal and state guidelines for workers compensation. Go to Workers Comp Specialist Designation
Workers Comp Adjuster Training
TrainingCenter offers several Workers Compensation adjuster training courses for those individuals looking to earn an AIC designation. These include:
Find Other Workers' Compensation Training Courses
Select any of the recommended courses above, or search under "Professional Development" in the search box below for "Workers Compensation". Good luck with your training!
Find Seminars, Webinars, And Online Training In Your Area
More Info Re Workers' Compensation Training For Insurance AgentsWhat Does A Workers Compensation Specialist Do?
A worker's compensation specialist or workers comp manager is responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing the organization's workers' comp program
- Investigating and processing workers' compensation claims
- Communicating with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical providers, attorneys, and upper management re workers comp issues
- Reporting workplace injuries and illnesses within a specified time period
- Dealing with claim investigations, settlements, and litigation
- The coordination the disbursement of benefits
- Handling claim denials
- Working within the various Workers Compensation laws, rules, and requirements for issues and requests such as accommodations, restrictions, and return-to-work
Yes, there is a lot of work - and regulations - in handling your organization's workers comp responsibilities. But don't worry, we have many workers comp training courses that can help!State-Specific Workers Comp Training Courses
Generally, state law governs workers compensation, and though each state's system differs in the details, the overall structure and operation of workers comp is similar from state to state. Click you state below to find both available training courses and any requirements for your state.