Workers' Compensation Training For Insurance Agents
Need Workers Compensation Training?
Searching for Workers Compensation training or training to earn your AIC designation? Then you've come to the right place, as we offer several types of Workers Comp training courses, as described below.What Is Workers Compensation?
Workers compensation is an insurance that provides certain wage and other benefits to people who are injured or become ill at work. Coverage and benefits are mandated by each individual state and can vary according to the state in question. What Role Does An Insurance Agent Play In Workers Compensation?
At a basic level, insurance agents should be able to explain to their clients how workers compensation works, understand their clients' past and potential claims, then be able to get quotes for coverage. Insurance Agents also should understand the:
- Applicable state's workers comp rules and requirements
- Responsibilities of the administrator in the workers comp claim
- How to deal with accommodation requests
- Selection of the medical providers
- Medical management of the claim
- Proper account handling procedures
- Best practices for workers comp claim handling
- Rules and options for return-to-work
- Intracacies of how to fight fraudulent claims
Workers Comp Training Options
Listed below are some of our best-selling workers comp seminars, webinars, and online training courses. You attend seminars either via video conference or in-person at a specific date, time, and venue. Webinars are available in live, CD, and OnDemand formats.
How Workers' Compensation WorksOnline Training
You will learn the basic concepts in workers' compensation including how a state's statutory legal structure fits into the bigger picture by understanding insurance policy coverage, premium calculations and coverage issues.
Workers' Comp Training SeminarSeminar
Learn Workers Compensation Law And Your Compliance Requirements
You might be very surprised about how much money you could save with proper knowledge of workers' compensation compliance requirements. In this information-packed seminar, you'll discover a wealth of strategies, insider tips, tools, and more to help you manage your entire workers' compensation plan more effectively.
This training session is available in both in-person and video conference formats. Same great training; you simply decide which format best fits your needs!
Workers' Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And WhysWebinar
This 90 minute training session will provide you and/or your team with a better understanding of how workers’ comp works, plus how you can directly impact claim outcomes and costs.
Workers Comp Adjuster Training
TrainingCenter offers several Workers Compensation adjuster training courses for those individuals looking to earn an AIC designation. These include:
Find Other Workers' Compensation Training Courses
Select any of the recommended courses above, or search under "Professional Development" in the search box below for "Workers Compensation". Good luck with your training!
Find Seminars, Webinars, And Online Training In Your Area
More Info Re Workers' Compensation Training For Insurance AgentsWhat Does A Workers Compensation Specialist Do?
A worker's compensation specialist or workers comp manager is responsible for:
- Developing, maintaining, and managing the organization's workers' comp program
- Investigating and processing workers' compensation claims
- Communicating with employees, managers, insurance carriers, medical providers, attorneys, and upper management re workers comp issues
- Reporting workplace injuries and illnesses within a specified time period
- Dealing with claim investigations, settlements, and litigation
- The coordination the disbursement of benefits
- Handling claim denials
- Working within the various Workers Compensation laws, rules, and requirements for issues and requests such as accommodations, restrictions, and return-to-work
Yes, there is a lot of work - and regulations - in handling your organization's workers comp responsibilities. But don't worry, we have many workers comp training courses that can help!State-Specific Workers Comp Training Courses
Generally, state law governs workers compensation, and though each state's system differs in the details, the overall structure and operation of workers comp is similar from state to state. Click you state below to find both available training courses and any requirements for your state.