Searching for AU training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers AU training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Commercial Underwriting designation.
The Associate in Commercial Underwriting (AU) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who work as a commercial lines underwriter. You will learn a thought process to guide you as you write accounts and consider coverage questions.
The AU designation signifies that an individual working in this field has attained comprehensive knowledge of the following subject matter:
- Fundamentals of Underwriting
- Financial Analysis and Pricing
- Underwriting Direct Exposures
- Protection and External Exposure
- Indirect Loss Underwriting
- Commercial Crime Insurance
- Liability and Advanced Techniques: Legal Foundations
- General Liability / Professional Liability
- Commercial Auto
- Workers’ Compensation
- Designing Underwriting Policy
- Quantitative Techniques for Underwriters.
To earn the designation, candidates must follow one of the paths below, successfully passing an examination for each of the courses therein:
- AU 65, AU 66, and INS 23
- AU 65, AU 66, CPCU 551, and CPCU 552
- Note: If you have passed any of the former Associate in Underwriting courses (AU 61, AU 62, AU 63, or AU 64), you can also apply them toward earning the AU designation.
- AU 65: Commercial Underwriting: Principles and Property
- AU 66: Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- INS 23: Commercial Insurance
- CPCU 551: Commercial Property, Risk Management, and Insurance
- CPCU 552: Commercial Liability, Risk Management, and Insurance
We recommend that you understand commercial insurance coverages before taking AU 65 and AU 66. We recommend taking the courses in one of the following sequences: INS 23, AU 65, and AU 66; or CPCU 551, CPCU 552, AU 65, and AU 66; or CPCU 551, AU 65, CPCU 552, and AU 66.
- Each AU exam is a two-hour, 85 objective question, computer-administered exam (exams for elective courses vary)
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
Those pursuing the AU designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain this designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the AU designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "AU - Associate in Commercial Underwriting".
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales