Searching for AFSB training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers AFSB training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding designation.
The Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding (AFSB) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who typically advise clients in the area of surety insurance. The AFSB designation signifies that an individual working in this field has attained comprehensive knowledge of both contract and non-contract surety, as well as crime insurance, in such subject areas as:
- Bond Production/Underwriting
- Financial Statements/Analysis
- Credit Terminology/Laws
- Credit Investigation/Reports
- Bond Ratemaking
- Fidelity/Surety Reinsurance
- Contract Bond Law
- Bid Process
- Contractors' Financial Statements
- Trend Analysis/Forecasting
- Contract Surety Claims
- License and Permit Bonds
- Public Official Bonds, Court Bonds, Miscellaneous Surety Bonds
- Financial Institution Bonds
- Commercial Crime Insurance
Candidates must pass an examination for five of the following required courses to earn the designation:
- AFSB 151 - Principles of Suretyship
- AFSB 152 - Contract Surety
- AFSB 153 - Crime Insurance and Noncontract Surety
- CPCU 530 -The Legal Environment of Insurance
- CPCU 540 - Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals
It is best to take AFSB 151 first and to take CPCU 540 before AFSB 152.
- AFSB 151/152/153 - Each exam is a two-hour, 85 multiple-choice question, computer-administered exam
- CPCU 530/540 - Each exam is a three-hour, 30-35 essay question, computer-administered exam
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
Those pursuing the AFSB designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain this designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the AFSB designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "AFSB - Associate in Fidelity and Surety Bonding".