Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst® (CAIA®)
Become A Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst!
Searching for CAIA® training? Then you've come to the right place!
Why Pursue the CAIA® Designation?
Employers and clients alike will demand experienced, trustworthy professionals with working knowledge of the Alternative Investment industry. The CAIA® designation is recognized globally as the benchmark for analysis, application, and standards of practice in the alternative investment arena.
The Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst® program's diverse curriculum appeals to investment advisors, consultants and analysts, fund managers and administrators, accountants, lawyers, academics, and compliance and back office personnel.
Candidates must pass an examination for the following courses to achieve CAIA® Certification:
Average study time is 150-200 hours for Level I and 200 or more for Level II.
- CAIA Level I
- CAIA Level II
- The Level I CAIA exam is divided into 2 sections. Candidates are given 4 hours to complete the 200 multiple-choice questions with an optional 30-minute break between each section.
- Level II lasts 3.5 hours, and consists of 100 multiple-choice and three sets of essay-type questions. Candidates are given 2 hours to complete the multiple-choice question section and 2 hours to complete the constructed-response section.
- Exam windows for each level are held in March and September of each year.
- Registration for the March Exam is open mid-October through the end of January. Registration for the September exam is open early April through early August. Early registration periods take place during the first six weeks of registration. During this time, candidates will receive $100 off their registration fees. Registration is exam-specific and cannot be transferred to future exam sessions.
- There is a registration section on the CAIA® Association's webpage where you will register for the exam. You are required to create an account before you are allowed to register.
- After registering for a CAIA® exam, you will receive a confirmation email from CAIAA that will explain how to schedule your exam appointment. You will be asked to choose a testing center from a list of available sites, as well as a specific date and time within the two-week exam period for which you are registered. For a current list of domestic and international testing centers, see Exam Locations.
- There is a one-time program enrollment fee of $400. Individual exams are $1250 and any retakes are $450.
Membership Requirements for CAIA® Designation
- Completion of the CAIA® Program - Candidates must pass the Level II exam within 3 years of passing the Level I exam to qualify for the CAIA® designation.
- Professional Experience - Designees must have one of the following:
- Over one year of professional experience (full-time employment in a professional capacity within the bank regulatory, banking, financial, or related fields) and a U.S. bachelor's degree (or equivalent)
- Four years of professional experience (as described above).
- Execution of the Member Agreement - Qualifying candidates must complete the online Member Agreement, provide two (2) professional references, and submit their annual membership dues ($250).
There are no prerequisites or continuing education required for earning the Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst® designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers CAIA® training and certification courses for those individuals who are interested in earning the prestigious Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst® (CAIA®) designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Designations/Certifications" in the search box thereafter for "CAIA® - Chartered Alternative Investment Analyst®".
Recommended Books/CDs/Other Training Resources
Earn your License quickly and easily!
Improve your knowledge and industry standing!
Products & Services to help manage and grow your career!
Need training or resources in other areas? Try our other Training Center sites:
HR, Acct., Banking, Insurance, Fin. Svcs., Real Estate, Mortgage, HealthCare, Safety, Sales
|Share on Facebook|
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
This information provided is based on state laws and regulations, and is subject to change. While TrainingCenter makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, it is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice, and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.
Reasonable Or Unreasonable? How To Determine What Is A Reasonable Accomodation
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp Cost Savings Tips
CFP® Review │ Premium Live Exam Prep Course
Qualified Financial Advisor (QFA)
Surplus Lines Online Exam Prep Course
Cafeteria Plan Training &Certification Program
FMLA Training &Certification Program
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
Business Writing for Results