Searching for CPCU training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers CPCU training and CPCU certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter (CPCU®) designation.
CPCU designees gain a broad understanding of property-casualty insurance, plus they have the option to choose either a commercial or personal risk management insurance concentration during their pursuit of the designation.
To earn the CPCU designation, an individual must pass a minimum of eight of the eleven courses listed below (the four foundation courses, one elective course, plus three courses from either the Personal or the Commercial concentration).
Commercial Lines Concentration
- CPCU 500 Foundations of Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 520 Insurance Operations, Regulation, and Statutory Accounting
- CPCU 530 The Legal Environment of Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 540 Business and Financial Analysis for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals
Personal Lines Concentration
- CPCU 551 Commercial Property Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 552 Commercial Liability Risk Management and Insurance
- CPCU 553 Survey of Personal Risk Management, Insurance, and Financial Planning
- CPCU 555 Personal Risk Management and Property-Liability Insurance
- CPCU 556 Personal Financial Planning
- CPCU 557 Survey of Commercial Risk Management and Insurance
- AAI 83 Agency Operations and Sales Management
- AIC 34 Workers Compensation and Managing Bodily Injury Claims
- AIC 35 Property Loss Adjusting
- AIC 36 Liability Claims Practice
- ARe 144 Reinsurance Principles and Practices
- ARM 56 Risk Financing
- AU 65 Commercial Underwriting:Principles and Property
- AU 66 Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- CPCU 560 Financial Services Institutions
- ERM 57 Enterprise-Wide Risk Management:Developing and Implementing
- Each exam is a two-hour, 85 objective question, computer-administered exam
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
You must matriculate (register as a candidate) with The Institutes by submitting a matriculation form and fee. You should submit the matriculation form and fee with the registration for your first CPCU exam. You must sign a statement on the matriculation form agreeing to abide by the CPCU Code of Professional Ethics.
Those pursuing the CPCU designation must pass the 50-question exam in the free Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct online module (Ethics 312). You have a 90-day access to Ethics and the CPCU Code of Professional Conduct when you register.
Additionally, the CPCU Code of Professional Ethics is the standard by which your ethical behavior as a candidate or CPCU designee is measured. You are subject to the Code once you sign the matriculation form, and you continue to be subject to it throughout your candidacy and after receiving the CPCU designation.
You must submit a resume showing that you were engaged in acceptable insurance activities for any 24 months (minimum of 17½ hours per week) during the five-year period immediately preceding the conferment of the CPCU designation. See the matriculation form for specific requirements. If you meet all requirements except the experience requirement, the designation will be conferred when you meet it.
Continuing Education Requirements
Designees are not required to meet continuing education requirements to retain this designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses for earning the CPCU designation.
Either select from the recommended courses below or for a complete listing, simply search under "Designations/Certifications" in the search box below for "CPCU - Chartered Property Casualty Underwriter".