About This Course:
This webinar will provide attendees with the best practices and red flags for dealing with the various legal documents served upon financial institutions. This webinar does NOT discuss the procedures mandated by particular state laws.
On a daily basis, a financial institution is faced with having to comply with a multitude of legal documents that are served on it. These documents can order your financial institution to produce confidential customer information, hold depositor funds, and can even order it to seize property in its possession belonging to the customer.
If you find these documents confusing and intimidating, attend this multi-state seminar to learn the best practices of how to deal effectively with these documents and the parties who serve them upon you.What You'll Learn:
Who Should Attend:
- Legal differences among subpoenas, summonses, levies, garnishments, writs of attachments and warrants.
- What your financial institution should know about the Right to Financial Privacy Act, the Financial Privacy Act, and similar laws and regulations.
- Verifying customer information when complying with subpoenas, garnishments and levies.
- Helpful resources to assist your financial institution when complying with these orders.
- Whether IRS tax levies will attach to special accounts, like individual retirement accounts, health savings accounts and escrow accounts.
- An overview of procedures for answering garnishments of federal benefit payments.
Compliance officers, legal counsel and financial institution personnel who process legal documents served on financial institutions will find this information helpful.