Searching for ASLI training? Then you've come to the right place!
ABTrainingCenter.com offers ASLI training and certification courses for those individuals interested in earning the prestigious Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance designation.
The Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance (ASLI) designation is the undisputed professional credential for persons who aspire to meet the challenges and opportunities presented by the use of the surplus lines market.
The ASLI designation signifies that an individual working in this field has attained comprehensive knowledge of the following subject matter: Insurance Regulation, Surplus Lines Insurance Marketing, Underwriting, Ratemaking, The Claim Function, Reinsurance, Financial Analysis of Insurers and Intermediaries, and various Surplus Lines Insurance Products.
Candidates must pass an examination for four of the following courses to earn the designation - two required and two electives. Note: The Registered Professional Liability Underwriter (RPLU) designation granted by the Professional Liability Underwriting Society (PLUS) will satisfy both elective requirements.
Elective Courses - (choose 2)
- ASLI 163: Surplus Lines Insurance Operations
- ASLI 164: Surplus Lines Insurance Products
* No longer offered, but which satisfy ASLI elective requirements.
- CPCU 510: Foundations of Risk Management, Insurance, and Professionalism
- CPCU 530: The Legal Environment of Insurance
- CPCU 540: Finance for Risk Management and Insurance Professionals
- AIS 25: Delivering Insurance Services
- AIC 33: Claim Handling Principles and Practices
- AIC 34: Workers' Compensation and Managing Bodily Injury Claims
- AIC 35: Property Loss Adjusting
- AIC 36: Liability Claim Practices
- ARM 54: Risk Assessment
- ARM 55: Risk Control
- ARM 56: Risk Financing
- AU 65: Commercial Underwriting: Principles & Property
- AU 66: Commercial Underwriting: Liability and Advanced Techniques
- AAI 83: Agency Operations and Sales Management
- APA 91: Principles of Premium Auditing
- APA 92: Premium Auditing Applications
- AIAF 111: Statutory Accounting for Property-Casualty Insurers
- AIAF 112: Insurance Information Systems
- AIAF 113: Insurance Company Finance*
- AIT 132: Insurance Uses of Technology
- AIT 134: The Strategic Management of Information
- ARe 144: Reinsurance Principles and Practices†
- ARe 141: Principles of Reinsurance*
- ARe 142: Reinsurance Practices*
† May not be used in conjunction with ARe 141 and ARe 142 for the purposes of earning the ASLI designation.
Course Sequence: It is better to take ASLI 163 before ASLI 164.
- Each ASLI exam is a two-hour, 85 objective question, computer-administered exam (exams for elective courses vary)
- Your results will be provided immediately upon the completion of your exam.
- National exams are given at local testing centers during the following two-month windows:
- January 15 - March 15
- April 15 - June 15
- July 15 - September 15
- October 15 - December 15
- Exam fees will apply
- Contact Prometric testing centers at 800-266-3232 for more info or to schedule your exam
Those pursuing the ASLI designation must pass a 50-question exam in the Ethical Guidelines For Insurance Professionals online module. This module is offered by the Institutes at no charge. If you wish to earn CE credits for passing the 50-question, objective, online exam included with it, there is a nominal $5 administrative fee.
Candidates are not required to meet experience or education requirements to attain this designation.
Continuing Education Requirements
A designee is not required to fulfill any annual continuing education requirements, nor are there any annual fees for a designee to maintain the designation.
Recommended Courses & Available Training Options
ABTrainingCenter.com offers multiple courses and training formats for earning the ASLI designation.
Simply select any of the recommended courses below, or search under "Licensing/Designations" in the search box thereafter for "ASLI - Associate in Surplus Lines Insurance".