Workers' Comp Training Seminar
|Find A Class Near You:
||View Dates And Locations For This Seminar
Workers' Compensation is an area in which many organizations inadvertently overspend. Consequently, workers' comp is a great area to analyze in an effort to cut costs and trim the fat from your budget.
This seminar will help you identify numerous ways to slash costs, trim unnecessary spending, streamline your safety plan, reduce employee turnover and days off work, and boost the effectiveness of your return-to-work program.
Confused About The Complexities Of Workers' Comp?
You're not alone! Even seasoned HR veterans have a hard time interpreting grey areas, keeping up with changing regulatory issues, and managing their compensation plans.
In this information-packed one day seminar, you'll discover a wealth of strategies, insider tips, tools, and more to help you manage your entire workers' compensation plan more effectively.
Get Up To Speed On Legal Issues Surrounding Workers' Compensation
We'll guide you through workers' comp laws and examine important court cases and decisions that may affect your organization. We'll also cover one of the more confusing issues facing workers' comp specialists: the "Bermuda Triangle" and the complex ways in which workers' comp, FMLA, and ADA regulations can overlap.
You'll receive real-world, proven ideas, strategies, and techniques that other successful organizations are putting into practice right now.
Created by our dedicated team of HR specialists, compensation gurus, and benefits experts, Workers' Compensation covers tried and true best practices, up-to-the-minute legal issues, employee fraud, safety issues, and much more!
Workers' Comp 101: Get On Board with the Basics!
- The truth about mandatory insurance - Are you exempt from carrying?
- Self insurance - what it means, who's eligible, and what's involved
- Injuries that qualify as workers' compensation claims - and those that do not
- Coverage types you should be familiar with
WC Cost Control: Insurance, Premiums, and More
- How to find the right insurance plan and provider for your organization
- An insider's look at determining premiums - Find out why yours may be too high
- A checklist for evaluating insurers and finding the right fit at the right cost
- Eight steps to prepare for the renewal process (follow these and lower your costs!)
- The different types of disability benefits
- How to calculate wages for benefits
- Rehabilitation and disfigurement benefits
- Important considerations when dealing with death claims medical benefits
The "Bermuda Triangle": Integrating ADA, WC, and FMLA
- Why dealing with the triangle of ADA, WC, and FMLA causes such headaches
- Tips for sorting out the workers' comp claim that involves FMLA and ADA, and determining which statute to use for guidelines and enforcement
- Ways to assess and eliminate possible injuries that may result from regular employment activities
- How to handle injuries in the "course and scope" of employment
- Immediate action employers must take when an employee violates safety rules
Common Issues You'll Come Up Against as a WC Administrator
- When employees "play the system" — how to identify red flags that indicate suspicious accidents and fraudulent claims
- Strategies to help you handle willful disregard for established safety procedures, and protect your organization
- How to legally handle strategically-timed claims — right before layoffs, right after a poor performance review, etc.
- Six tell-tale signs an accident should be considered "suspicious"
- Immediate action employers must take when an employee violates safety rules
Accidents, Injuries, and Incidents: How to Handle These Within Workers' Compensation Parameters
- The difference between First Aid Claims and Workers' Comp Claims
- OSHA Compliance and Workers' Compensation how these programs affect each other
- How to report and record workplace incidents properly
- Three things not to do when an accident occurs or you'll plunge yourself right into legal and ethical hot water!
- How to handle pre-existing conditions exaggerated by on-the-job injuries
- The "Bermuda Triangle": how FMLA, ADA, and WC overlap and contradict each other
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are registered with the National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA), as a sponsor of continuing professional education on the National Registry of CPE Sponsors. State boards of accountancy have final authority on the acceptance of individual courses for CPE credit.
CPE certificates will be available 10 days after your event has ended.
|Licenses / Designations / Educational Credits:||CEU|
All US States: 0.6
All US States: 6
HRCI Recertification Credits
All US States: 5.5
|About The Provider:
||Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack, divisions of PARK University Enterprises, Inc., create one of the most respected international providers of professional seminars.
Since pioneering the one-day seminar in 1970 as Fred Pryor Seminars, our organization has built a reputation for high-quality, convenient, and practical business-skills training around the world, in every industry and sector.
Today, with more than 8 million satisfied customers, we continue to pride ourselves in providing the superior training you've come to expect from Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack. Our cutting-edge research and course development are designed to meet the adult learning needs of your employees and your organization.
Fred Pryor Seminars and CareerTrack are your number one choices for training because we offer:
As we continue to grow, expand, and change to meet client and market needs, we always remember that every individual customer matters and that collectively, they are our most valuable assets. That's why our goal is the same today as it was 30 years ago — to provide the best choice in business skills training with maximum convenience to help you — our customer — achieve success!
- In-depth experience in the training industry
- Consistent and comprehensive course offerings
- High-energy and content-rich presentations
- Multiple training tools, including on-site training, on-line learning, seminars, and A/V products
- 100% Satisfaction Guaranteed!
||Contact Us For More Information
||Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
|Currently Scheduled Dates For This Seminar|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||SAN FRANCISCO, CA||1/24/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||OAKLAND, CA||1/25/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||SACRAMENTO, CA||1/26/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||RENO, NV||1/27/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||CHARLESTON, SC||1/30/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||GREENVILLE, SC||1/31/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||CHARLOTTE, NC||2/1/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||GREENSBORO, NC||2/2/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||TAMPA, FL||2/6/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||JACKSONVILLE, FL||2/7/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ORLANDO, FL||2/8/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||MELBOURNE, FL||2/9/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||FORT LAUDERDALE, FL||2/10/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ASHEVILLE, NC||2/22/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||HICKORY, NC||2/23/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||RALEIGH, NC||2/24/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ROCKFORD, IL||2/27/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||HAUPPAUGE, NY||2/27/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||SADDLE BROOK, NJ||2/28/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||CHICAGO, IL||2/28/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||FREEHOLD, NJ||3/1/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||OAKBROOK TERRACE, IL||3/1/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||JOLIET, IL||3/2/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||MERRILLVILLE, IN||3/3/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||UNIONDALE, NY||3/6/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||NEW YORK, NY||3/7/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||EDISON, NJ||3/8/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||WAUSAU, WI||3/21/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||GREEN BAY, WI||3/22/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||MADISON, WI||3/23/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||KENOSHA, WI||3/24/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ATLANTA, GA||3/27/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||GAINESVILLE, GA||3/28/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ATHENS, GA||3/29/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||SAVANNAH, GA||3/30/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ROCHESTER, NY||4/18/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ALBANY, NY||4/19/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||BUFFALO, NY||4/20/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ERIE, PA||4/21/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||TRAVERSE CITY, MI||5/1/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||GRAND RAPIDS, MI||5/2/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||SOUTH BEND, IN||5/3/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||KALAMAZOO, MI||5/4/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||FARMINGTON HILLS, MI||5/5/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||EL PASO, TX||5/17/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||ALBUQUERQUE, NM||5/18/2017|
|Workers' Comp Training Seminar||PHOENIX, AZ||5/19/2017||
Earn Your CFP
Texas All-Lines Adjuster Pre-Licensing ONLINE Course
Associate in General Insurance (AINS)
Associate in Premium Auditing (APA)
How Workers′ Compensation Works (Comprehensive 11-Module Course)
Workers′ Comp 101: The Whats, Whens, And Whys
Workers′ Comp Training Seminar
How To Read And Understand Financial Statements
How To Excel As A One-Person HR Department
FMLA Training &Certification Program
ADA Training &Certification Program