Connecticut Insurance Licensing
How To Earn A Connecticut Insurance License
Interested in learning more about Connecticut licensing requirements for earning a Life & Health, Property & Casualty, or Adjusters license? Then you've come to the right place, as we offer pre-licensing courses, study guides, practice tests, and exam prep materials via live in-person classes, online training courses, and self-study materials to help you earn either your Connecticut Life & Health, Property & Casualty, or Adjuster licenses for serving customers in Hartford, Danbury, Bridgeport, New Haven, Waterbury, Norwalk, and other Connecticut cities.
Below are links for our best-selling Connecticut Life & Health, Property & Casualty, or Adjuster insurance licensing courses, as well as information and links for you to read about specific requirements for each license type.
Connecticut Insurance License Requirements
Wondering how to become an insurance agent in Connecticut? Earning a Connecticut insurance license starts with pre-licensing. Read below for general pre-licensing requirements and specific information and exemptions for each line of insurance.General Requirements
Life and Health License
- Complete 40 hours of pre-licensing education through an approved Connecticut pre-licensing course for every line of insurance you wish to pursue
- Receive a certificate of completion and go to Prometric to schedule your examination
- Pass the required exam for licensure with a score of 70 percent correct or higher
Offering health and life insurance is essential for many insurance agents. You can serve families with the policies they need by earning a Connecticut life and health insurance license. Review the Connecticut L&H licensing requirements below:
Property and Casualty License
- Complete an approved 40-hour pre-licensing course for life and health, which can be done online or in-person
- Life Pre-Licensing Course Exemption: Life insurance pre-licensing is waived for those with the following professional designations: ChFC, CEBS, CIC, CFP, CLU, FLMI, LUTCF
- Health Pre-Licensing Course Exemption: Health insurance pre-licensing is waived for those with the following professional designations: CEBS, CLU, HIA, REBC, RHU
- Licensing Exam Exemption: For both life and health, those with the CLU designation are exempt from the licensing exam
Property and casualty insurance offers protection and peace of mind for individuals and families. Build upon your existing insurance licenses or choose to specialize in property and casualty with a Connecticut insurance license. Review the Connecticut P&C licensing requirements below:
- Complete an approved 40-hour pre-licensing course for property and casualty online, in-person or through self-study materialsPre-Licensing Course Exemption: Pre-licensing is waived for those with the following professional designations: AAI, ARM, CIC, CPCU
- Licensing Exam Exemption: Candidates with the CPCU designation are exempt from the exam
Interested in becoming an insurance adjuster? Start with our Connecticut insurance license class for adjusters. This course will prepare you for this career path and give you the expertise needed to evaluate claims for any type of insurance policy. Review the Connecticut adjuster licensing requirements below:
- Complete an approved 40-hour pre-licensing adjuster course online
- Pre-Licensing Course Exemption: None applicable
Note: All exemptions require a current Letter of Designation to be accepted.
About Our Connecticut Pre-Licensing Courses
Agent Broker insurance license training courses are state-approved and help you fully prepare for the licensing exam with sufficient study. These courses provide detailed information on the required pre-licensing requirements and available training courses that can help you to prepare for your upcoming exam.
Keep in mind that Connecticut's licensing exams are comprehensive, which means it requires adequate preparation, so our detailed courses and helpful study materials will show you the important concepts and help you pass your exam(s) on the first try. Our exam prep materials are delivered in an easy-to-understand manner that provides important insights and valuable exam tips and strategies covering Connecticut's rules and regulations for insurance licensing.
Recommended Courses For Connecticut Life, Health, P&C, And Adjuster Licensing
To find Connecticut insurance licensing courses, study guides, practice exams, and exam prep materials, simply click on any of the recommended courses below or select your desired license type and your state from the "Licensing" section of the search box below. Good luck becoming an Connecticut insurance agent!
Recommended Training Courses:
In-Person Seminars, Workshops, And Video Conferences
Online Training Courses
Find Seminars, Webinars, And Online Training In Your Area
Contact Info: Connecticut Insurance Licensing RequirementsConnecticut Department of Insurance - Licensing DivisionAddress: P.O. Box 816 | Hartford, CT 06142-0816
Website: http://www.ct.gov/cidExamination Scheduling
CT examination scheduling is administered by Prometric Testing Centers
Other Insurance Licensing Courses For Connecticut:Disclaimer
This information is based on state laws and regulations, and is subject to change. ABTrainingCenter makes every effort to make sure this information is current and accurate, however, ABTrainingCenter is not engaged in rendering legal or professional advice and shall not be held responsible for inaccuracies contained herein.