The Accelerated Certificate in Financial Planning program is a CFP Board-Registered Program that will enable you to sit for the upcoming CFP® Certification Examination. The complete program can be completed in just nine months!
This program blends the highly-effective instructional methodology of self-study and classroom instruction for an excellent learning experience. For each of the six modules, candidates will receive a CFP Board-required textbook, approximately 100 pages of pre-reading materials, Drill and Practice Question QBank, access to InstructorLink materials, and will attend live classroom instruction.
It is comprised of the following six modules:
- Module 101: Fundamentals of Personal Financial Planning
- Module 102: Insurance and Employment Benefits
- Module 103: Investment Planning
- Module 104: Income Tax Planning
- Module 105: Planning for Retirement
- Module 106: Estate Planning
Each module requires approximately six weeks of pre-study before each class. We recommend at least 60 hours of pre-study for the first course (Module 101) and 80 hours of pre-study for the subsequent courses (Module 102-106) prior to attending each classroom session. Students are expected to come to class prepared.
We offer the classroom portion of the program in several major cities; the class for each module spans four consecutive days. At the completion of each module, an in-class final examination will be given. Students must achieve a passing score of 70% or greater before proceeding to the next module.
The total price for each module includes tuition, required textbooks, and pre-study materials. Transfer credit is available, subject to approval.
Module 101 Course Description
This course introduces you to the concepts and profession of personal financial planning. Topics in the course include:
- The financial planning process
- Regulation and licensing as an investment advisor
- The economic environment
- The time value of money
- Planning for special situations such as a college education
- The formation and operation of a closely held business
- Wealth accumulation
- Tax, retirement, and estate planning techniques
This course can be taken independently for professional development, or in conjunction with other courses in the Accelerated Certificate In Financial Planning program to earn the prestigious CFP or RFC designations.